Lost voice control/ mic not working since Android 6.01 update, how can I get it working?

KevJager

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Lost voice control/ mic not working since Android 6.01 update

The title says it all really, it seems since the latest android 6.01 update the mic/voice control on the 360 has ceased to work at all. Ive tried all the usual fixes, full resets, checking google now, uninstalling android wear, tried a different phone, clearing cache and data etc etc etc etc Nothing seems to work, has anyone else had or having this issue? if so please help as i use this function all the time

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lost voice control/ mic not working since Android 6.01 update

Not having that problem here. Also on 6.0.1, Android Wear 1.4.0.2580363, GPS 8.7.03

I can still 'OK Google' my watch and have it respond to voice.

Other than resetting the watch, I'm not sure what else you could do :S Maybe let the battery die out, then re-charge, reset the watch, and try again?

raven312

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lost voice control/ mic not working since Android 6.01 update

I'm having the same problem. I didn't associate it with the upgrade because I didn't see the upgrade hit, but that makes total sense. Now it's time to look for a solution...

KevJager

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Yes after the usual advice of resets galore they are now asking me where i bought it, which sounds to me they are getting ready to tell me to take it back. So basically no help whatsoever

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It seems you've tried most things we'd try... other than replacing the watch, I don't know what else you could do :( Resetting the watch should fix most things, but this seems like it's not doing it.

Do any other apps detect sound from the watch? Shazam, perhaps?

ca-amish

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same boat.

After Marshmallow, my Moto 360 (Gen 1) was a mess. I've made some progress by doing the following:
  1. Unpaired with phone
  2. Uninstalled Android Wear
  3. Factory reset watch
  4. Reinstalled Android Wear

That fixed a few things, but I'm still missing:
  1. Speaker (OK Google, Shazam, and Record Audio all fail)
  2. Notifications (so far, only Fit notifications appear)
  3. Call interface (I miss declining a call from the watch)

The other goofy bit is that after the steps above, I was finally able to get my watch to see the InstaWeather watch faces, but they show up without weather info lol

AW = 1.4.0.2580363
GP = 8.6.98
OS = 6.0.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38