Won't charge in car

David_LFC

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Have a USB port in the car that links to the audio for idevises

When I connect the G on the phone shows either camera or mass storage mode but won't charge

Had no problems with ipad iPhone note 3 HTC one .....

Posted via Android Central App

MrMoto1992

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Not totally tech savvy, but I know that the moto g does NOT have MHL support, so I think you will have to play music through an aux cable. As for not charging, android 4.3 Motorola might have different watt requirements than the iPhone or HTC one, so I would just call them and ask. They are pretty helpful

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

MotoClive

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
In notifications drop down try unticking both camera and mass storage. Maybe it revert to charge only then. But don't know if work.
Maybe you need to buy a proper in car charger for the Moto G.

MrMoto1992

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
My moto G will only charge with 5.0 and 5.1V outputs. Make sure your charger is putting that out

Sent from my XT1034 using AC Forums mobile app

Nicole Summers

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi David_LFC,

Let's see if I can help.
Does the phone display indicates it is charging? How much time does it take with other phones? Maybe the car charger doesn't provide enough output, or the car stereo doesn't?
What is the car/model/year?
Do the other phones also enumerate as camera/mass storage devices?

Cheers,

Nicole

David_LFC

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi David_LFC,

Let's see if I can help.
Does the phone display indicates it is charging? How much time does it take with other phones? Maybe the car charger doesn't provide enough output, or the car stereo doesn't?
What is the car/model/year?
Do the other phones also enumerate as camera/mass storage devices?

Cheers,

Nicole

Hi sorry for the delay.

Will show connected and let Mr select camera \ USB mode. But will not charge.

Car is a Honda insight 2011.

It has a stdndard USB input. When I connect if I put on the audio it will say unsupported ( but this is to playback music and control the played)

It controls and charges any apple device I have plugged in iPhone 4s , iPhone 5 , iPad 3.

Whilst it hasn't been able to play music off these it has been able to charge (and i use aux in for audio)

HTC one, note 3, BlackBerry, htc desire.

Posted via Android Central App