Mobile Connectivity Problem in Moto G

vsshah1172

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I recently bought a Moto G (Global GSM) from US. I'm using it in India with the network provider - Idea Celullar.
Sometimes I'm not able to make calls or if someone calls me, it's not reachable. This happens with me once in a day. I've to restart my phone, then it works properly.
I've observed that when this problem occurs, the network symbol in quick settings changes color to Orange or it shows a 3G symbol besides the network symbol in White color.

Can anyone help me, why am I facing this problem? What is the solution for this? Is this a SIM card problem or a phone problem?

Thanks in advance.

fmmgomes

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a Moto G bought in UK and I'm using it in Portugal, and have a similar issue, except that don't have any particular information on the network indicator. It shows a good network signal, but if I try to call this phone it goes straight to the voice mail and if I try to call from it, it keeps the dialer open but doesn't make the call. Also requesting other network services don't work. Powering it off and on again solves the problem. It is running Android 4.3 (I didn't make any upgrade to mobile I bought from Amazon UK). It happened two times in about 4 days of use. At least one of the times I got the phone icon on the top bar (like a call was in progress), and the battery got down fast, until I killed the dialer (from 90% to 20% in a few hours without any use, not even the display). Any idea of what could be the problem? It is running only the stock firmware, didn't install anything yet, it is my wife's first smart phone and it is causing her problems, she is wondering if she should go back to her's standard mobile phone. I had some Android phones in the past (HTC Hero, Samsung Galaxy 2, HTC Cha Cha, Samsung Y, etc.) and never had this kind of problem, even running custom ROMs and rooting them.

Best regards

Fernando

karansangaj

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
hi vsshah1172 its network problem with idea, my carrier is also idea it shows sometimes orange and white color network symbol
SOLUTION : go to settings>under wireless and networks ,more settings>mobile networks>enable 2g network only

Nicole Summers

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey both,

does that happen as well with a different SIM? If yes, the issue lies with the phone, if not, then the issue lies with the SIM card.

If the issue lies with the phone, try to reboot into safe mode and use it for a day. If that doesn't happen anymore, then the issue lies with an app you installed. If that happens again, then it might be time to think about a reset to see if that helps.

Hope that helps,
Nicole

Bhupesh Gupta1

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. That solved my problem by using 2g network. I am using Vodafone.

Hi
I have both Vodafone and idea n network Dies in between calls. I have 3G on Vodafone, which also not showing full network. Also while surfing battery died fast. It has been 10 days since I bought this phone from FLIPKART. I think moto needs to work on more on this phone.l feel like cheeted.

DARSHINI G

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
hi............i am too worried and disappointed! just bought moto G yesterday.
i am not receiving calls when internet in ON,however iam able to make calls ! ! it says unavailable to my frnds, when i OFF the internet i can receive calls !! how to resolve this issue..iam from india , using 2g vodafone!

Kalpagiri

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi I'm using Moto G (1 Gen), I'm facing the Signal drops from Air tel postpaid and another one is BSNL it is working properly. Recently I took duplicate micro sim from Airtel, problem remain same, pls suggest me?

Posted via the Android Central App

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I suffered the "carrier signal disappears" twice, within the first month of so of ownership, and both times after I'd upgraded to 4.4.4. The first time I restored connectivity by rebooting the phone. The second time by turning airport mode on, then off.

On a hunch: I cleared the cache partition and did a factory reset. Crossing my fingers: But the problem has not recurred, since.