Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Play Store Problems

I recently factory reset my phone because it was getting bogged down with rubbish and laggy etc and it all went smoothly.

My phone has been nice and quick after the reset and working perfectly except for one problem.

Some apps on the Play store would just refuse to download. I've tried download ES File Explorer and it just stays on 'Downloading' all the time.

However I just picked a random app from the store to install and was going fine. I then updating my SwiftKey (Which also downloaded fine) and it wouldn't download the update.

I've tried clearing cache, wiping cache partition, clearing app data and nothing seems to be working.

EDIT: I should probably mention that it downloads fine over 3G.

EDIT: I should also mention that wifi on my phone has been quite slow recently but on my PC it's been working fine (downloads at their max speeds etc)

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None Yet...

Default Re: Play Store Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Poch19 View Post
    I recently factory reset my phone because it was getting bogged down with rubbish and laggy etc and it all went smoothly.

My phone has been nice and quick after the reset and working perfectly except for one problem.

Some apps on the Play store would just refuse to download. I've tried download ES File Explorer and it just stays on 'Downloading' all the time.

However I just picked a random app from the store to install and was going fine. I then updating my SwiftKey (Which also downloaded fine) and it wouldn't download the update.

I've tried clearing cache, wiping cache partition, clearing app data and nothing seems to be working.

EDIT: I should probably mention that it downloads fine over 3G.

EDIT: I should also mention that wifi on my phone has been quite slow recently but on my PC it's been working fine (downloads at their max speeds etc)
    Did you try reflashing your phone?

Global Posts
    827 Global Posts

Default Re: Play Store Problems

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    Did you try reflashing your phone?
    Try using wifi from a different source and see how that works.