How can I slow my screen.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have had an unlocked international Moto G 4G XT1039 for 6 months as a backup, after a GS2.
I use it less and less after a 3 month data offer expired.

I want to like it more, but the basics of touching the screen to scroll slightly, or scroll down a little quicker by letting go, is out of control. The initial response isn't always great either.
It zooms down it seems 3 or 4 screen lengths like an insane Flash Gordon phone (I couldn't think of a better line!).

It is really irritating. Have I always had a dud? Has this been reported before? I looked at changing Touch and Hold delay. I don't have Developer Options enabled.
Basically it will whizz to the end of a screen if you stroke it gently and let go.
My Note 3 is very easy to control.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about in a web browser, or in all apps? If it's only in the web browser, use a different browser. If it's in all apps, I'd see about having the phone replaced. (If it's 6 months old, it's still under warranty.)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes it speeds on everything.

I bought it as new in an electronic exchange store chain in the UK (better swap price for my GS2), and while they have been very good on backing up their electronics in the last 10 years it's a tricky one to pinpoint as a fault in a store. Also their trade in / sell back price is now low, plus I dented the plastic rim on a rock.

No quick fix then.

I will wait until I can change it for something better.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Madd, maybe turning the animations up a little in developer options?

From an AOSP M8.

Yes, that does seem to work to slow the scrolling down to normal, albeit its jittery and my finger skips moving it at all at times still.

I remember someone mentioning that in a Note 4 thread. I moved the 3 scales up to 2.0 speed. Still other smaller issues, but I will play around some more.

Thanks Golf!

Posted on my XT1039 via the AC app.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that does seem to work to slow the scrolling down to normal, albeit its jittery and my finger skips moving it at all at times still.

I remember someone mentioning that in a Note 4 thread. I moved the 3 scales up to 2.0 speed. Still other smaller issues, but I will play around some more.

Thanks Golf!

Posted on my XT1039 via the AC app.
No sweat Madd. Hope that helps.

From an AOSP M8.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19