Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    31,623 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Moto G (2014) is Sticking with what works....

The phone works...plain and simple. Moto decided not to make that many changes, and sometimes that is a very smart move. The G stays at a budget price, $180.

For more info: Hands-on with the new Moto G | Android Central
    Ry likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None Yet...

Default Re: Moto G (2014) is Sticking with what works....

Pretty much the only thing you get is a bigger screen it seems. The first gen Moto G was a great phone! Would have been nice to see a 2gig version for a little bit more. Maybe it will be wiggle room for next time.

Smart move for sure. Small changes in the right direction and keeping the low price.
    Well not all of them. For me the original size it's just perfect. Making it bigger does it less attractive for me. But that's the way things go now.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    31,623 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Javier P View Post
    Smart move for sure. Small changes in the right direction and keeping the low price.
    Well not all of them. For me the original size it's just perfect. Making it bigger does it less attractive for me. But that's the way things go now.
    I am inclined to agree, the X and G were good sizes. But of the bezels are roughly the same, I don't think it is going to be that big of a deal breaker.

The one thing I would have liked for them to add is NFC, though I'm not sure how the Shells would affect it.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

I would of liked for it to come with LTE. I know they will probably put it in there down the road but I would of been willing to pay a bit more for it on the first run. For $180 though,, I cannot complain, it's a solid phone.

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

Really surprised the price stayed the same. A real bargain, just like the old one.

Anyone know if Verizon will have the new Moto G sometime soon? Also not seen ANY US retailers having the new G in stock. Any pointers as to who has it?

Would of been great to have a LTE version on launch day....

Posted via Android Central App

As this is new phone which I ordered today, Dual sim, plus 8Mp camera plays the dice well in a purchase

I wish they sell the dual sim version in America.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    I wish they sell the dual sim version in America.
    Feel like a boss now I reply to all of you!!! JK LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by urskruz View Post
    As this is new phone which I ordered today, Dual sim, plus 8Mp camera plays the dice well in a purchase
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Spackman View Post
    Anyone know if Verizon will have the new Moto G sometime soon? Also not seen ANY US retailers having the new G in stock. Any pointers as to who has it?

Would of been great to have a LTE version on launch day....

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by isdaako View Post
    Really surprised the price stayed the same. A real bargain, just like the old one.
    Quote Originally Posted by jev425 View Post
    I would of liked for it to come with LTE. I know they will probably put it in there down the road but I would of been willing to pay a bit more for it on the first run. For $180 though,, I cannot complain, it's a solid phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    The one thing I would have liked for them to add is NFC, though I'm not sure how the Shells would affect it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I am inclined to agree, the X and G were good sizes. But of the bezels are roughly the same, I don't think it is going to be that big of a deal breaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Javier P View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    Pretty much the only thing you get is a bigger screen it seems. The first gen Moto G was a great phone! Would have been nice to see a 2gig version for a little bit more. Maybe it will be wiggle room for next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    The phone works...plain and simple. Moto decided not to make that many changes, and sometimes that is a very smart move. The G stays at a budget price, $180.

For more info: Hands-on with the new Moto G | Android Central