Moto G (2014) is Sticking with what works....

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much the only thing you get is a bigger screen it seems. The first gen Moto G was a great phone! Would have been nice to see a 2gig version for a little bit more. Maybe it will be wiggle room for next time.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Smart move for sure. Small changes in the right direction and keeping the low price.
Well not all of them. For me the original size it's just perfect. Making it bigger does it less attractive for me. But that's the way things go now.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Smart move for sure. Small changes in the right direction and keeping the low price.
Well not all of them. For me the original size it's just perfect. Making it bigger does it less attractive for me. But that's the way things go now.

I am inclined to agree, the X and G were good sizes. But of the bezels are roughly the same, I don't think it is going to be that big of a deal breaker.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The one thing I would have liked for them to add is NFC, though I'm not sure how the Shells would affect it.

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I would of liked for it to come with LTE. I know they will probably put it in there down the road but I would of been willing to pay a bit more for it on the first run. For $180 though,, I cannot complain, it's a solid phone.

Stephen Spackman

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know if Verizon will have the new Moto G sometime soon? Also not seen ANY US retailers having the new G in stock. Any pointers as to who has it?

Would of been great to have a LTE version on launch day....

Posted via Android Central App

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I wish they sell the dual sim version in America.
Feel like a boss now I reply to all of you!!! JK LOL
As this is new phone which I ordered today, Dual sim, plus 8Mp camera plays the dice well in a purchase

Anyone know if Verizon will have the new Moto G sometime soon? Also not seen ANY US retailers having the new G in stock. Any pointers as to who has it?

Would of been great to have a LTE version on launch day....

Posted via Android Central App

Really surprised the price stayed the same. A real bargain, just like the old one.

I would of liked for it to come with LTE. I know they will probably put it in there down the road but I would of been willing to pay a bit more for it on the first run. For $180 though,, I cannot complain, it's a solid phone.

The one thing I would have liked for them to add is NFC, though I'm not sure how the Shells would affect it.

I am inclined to agree, the X and G were good sizes. But of the bezels are roughly the same, I don't think it is going to be that big of a deal breaker.

Pretty much the only thing you get is a bigger screen it seems. The first gen Moto G was a great phone! Would have been nice to see a 2gig version for a little bit more. Maybe it will be wiggle room for next time.

The phone works...plain and simple. Moto decided not to make that many changes, and sometimes that is a very smart move. The G stays at a budget price, $180.

For more info: Hands-on with the new Moto G | Android Central

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez