My Phone's Internal Memory is Suddenly Almost Full (1st Gen. Moto G)

DrumsXO

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey, everyone.

This morning I noticed that there was a software update available for my Moto G. I was rooted at the time, so I flashed back to stock and un-rooted, then proceeded with the software update. I finished the whole process by re-rooting and then getting on to installing my apps again, personalizing, etc.

Now that it's all finished with, I notice that the majority of my internal memory is used up... Before I did this whole process, I had about half of it free, with the exact same apps downloaded and installed. The only thing that's really changed is the new software (from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1); is that what's eating up the extra space?

At present I have 466.7MB worth of downloaded and installed apps, and 4.13 out of 5.52GB worth of internal memory is used...

Any ideas?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Boot into recovery and clear your caches, that might be sufficient... otherwise it might be best to do a factory reset, which is always advisable after a significant upgrade to the OS with Android anyway.

DrumsXO

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Will clearing the caches affect any of my apps or anything like that?

If I do a factory reset, that won't roll my version of Android back to 5.0.2 will it, causing me to have to do the upgrade over again (manually)?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Will clearing the caches affect any of my apps or anything like that?

If I do a factory reset, that won't roll my version of Android back to 5.0.2 will it, causing me to have to do the upgrade over again (manually)?

Hi, if you clear the caches, no you won't lose data.

If you do a factory reset, you wont roll back to a prior Android version but you will lose all your data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez