Camera Shutter Sound Couldn't be disabled! Help me out! What can I do?

A

AC Question

Camera Shutter Sound Couldnt be disabled! Help me out!

I am using Motorola G 3rd Generation, I couldn't disable the camera's shutter sound in "marshmallow", before the update, it was working fine in "Lollipop". Even if my mobile is in silent mode, the shutter sound comes, it is quite irritating, can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance. :)

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Camera Shutter Sound Couldnt be disabled! Help me out!

I am using Motorola G 3rd Generation, I couldn't disable the camera's shutter sound in "marshmallow", before the update, it was working fine in "Lollipop". Even if my mobile is in silent mode, the shutter sound comes, it is quite irritating, can anyone help me out with this?

Moto is being quiet on this... But every Moto G on MM is the same, there is some assumption this is for legal reasons because in some areas it is illegal not to have a shutter sound.

As of now, there is no fix except to use a different camera app.

jimt1029

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I have US XT-1540 (running MM) and still have the shutter on/off option in my camera settings ring, so I'm not sure it is global.

If you are rooted, you might be able to replace the camera shutter sound (/system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg) with something silent. I did this on another phone that I had. Other than that, maybe a different camera, as suggested above.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... to be honest, I had never tried it just gone by what others had said since I don't really care if the camera makes a noise or not, but it indeed works on my US XT1540 version to toggle the sound on and off.

OP, which model do you have?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Camera Shutter Sound Couldnt be disabled! Help me out!

It depends on the country. In some of them you can't switch the shutter sound off by legal imposition. Same thing happened with different Moto models after the Marshmallow update. My X Play and my wife's G 2015, both Brazilian retail, didn't lose that sound off setting after the update.

You can check this other thread for different ideas.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=629654