SD card "Not inserted" problem MOTO G3

LeviCituaist

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
My 64gb micro sd sandisk card was working perfectly earlier today, and had been working perfectly for months, when, out of nowhere, today, my phone is notificating me saying "SD Card not inserted". The only option it gives me is to "Forget", which means all the data it contains will be lost forever. I had nearly 30gb of music (118 albums) and pictures there. I've faced problems with these sd cards before, but this is simply unfair and nonsensical. Can I get some help please?

paininthenuts

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
To late now, but I back up everything is a separate folder on my PC. I don't know the answer to this, but if the SD card is formatted to internal memory, is there any chance Google has backed it up ?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My 64gb micro sd sandisk card was working perfectly earlier today, and had been working perfectly for months, when, out of nowhere, today, my phone is notificating me saying "SD Card not inserted". The only option it gives me is to "Forget", which means all the data it contains will be lost forever. I had nearly 30gb of music (118 albums) and pictures there. I've faced problems with these sd cards before, but this is simply unfair and nonsensical. Can I get some help please?
If it was setup as internal memory, power the device off, remove and reinstert the card and power on, if it still isn't recognized and you are not rooted already, you have likely lost everything.

If the card was external (portable) storage, remove the card and place it in a card reader and try to copy off any data then reformat the card and reinsert it into the phone, if it is recognized then copy the data back and try using it.

TBH, at this point I would replace the card... it can't really be considered reliable anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty