Moto G: Proximity Sensor - Can someone confirm?

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Bear with me while I explain my query, this is my first time here :)

When I first got the phone, for the first initial hour or two, I couldve sworn that as soon as my finger hit the proximity sensor located next to the speaker up top, the screen went blank. It came back on as soon as I removed my finger from the proximity sensor.

Now it only does this when I'm in a skype call, or a normal phone call.

Was it something I just imagined?

Could someone confirm if you touch your proximity sensor in normal cirumstances (i.e not in a call, say when just browsing the web), does the screen go off (black)?

Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Proximity Sensor - Can someone confirm?

Welcome to Android Central! Was the screen going completely black, or was it just dimming a lot? If you blocked the ambient light sensor and if your phone was set to Automatic Brightness, it might have thought it was suddenly dark in the room, and then dimmed the screen to minimum in response.

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Was the screen going completely black, or was it just dimming a lot? If you blocked the ambient light sensor and if your phone was set to Automatic Brightness, it might have thought it was suddenly dark in the room, and then dimmed the screen to minimum in response.

Completely black. As it does when i block sensor if i'm in a phone call.

Do you have a moto G? If so can you just quickly block the proximity sensor (next to speaker up top in front top right), and do it while you're in a normal mode such as in chrome or just main screen. Can you do it and tell me if yours does it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, I don't have a G. Hopefully someone else on this forum can test it out for you.

flipponater

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

I has the same idea b. Diddy had but since that was not the answer you may(if not answered) try calling and/or get replacement

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

na man dont want to get a replacement i love it its just that i wanted to see if anyone else has moto g and it does that thats all would appreciate if someone who has a moto g can confirm and reply cheers

Wez Knowles

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

No, the screen doesn't go off when I cover the proximity sensor if I'm not in a call.

Posted via Android Central App

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

No, the screen doesn't go off when I cover the proximity sensor if I'm not in a call.

Posted via Android Central App

thanks wez knowles . nice, thats how it is with me as well. i guess that proves i just 'imagined' it. perhaps it happened earlier cause i was in a skype call. anyway if anyone else finds their behaves differently do share :)

happyfalangme

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

it happened to me after a few calls.. i enabled the "power button ends call" in accessibility menu. It hasn't happened since dunno why!

Khai Tran1

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

mine goes off when im calling, more of the top right side beside the speaker. if i put my finger around it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty