what phone did you give up for moto g

crackd11

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I came from note 3. Loved that phone. Great screen, fast,s pen. No complaints on battery life. Unfortunately too unwieldy and the capacitive buttons too close to the bottom so too often when I shifted it in my hand I would accidentally exit what I was doing.
I decided to downsize. I love this phone because it feels great in the hand, awesome screen battery life, radio and free cloud storage. I can carry it all in a discrete package at a fraction of the cost.
Most of all freedom. As I was able to sell my note for enough to buy my contract out. Now I'm in a contract that's half the monthly cost that I can buy out for $150.

Posted via Android Central App

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I came from a ZTE Awe on virgin mobile. I need more storage,battery life, and timely updates to the latest android os. Now I'm on Verizon and have better data speeds and coverage but I pay more for data but that's fine vs virgin mobile!!! And AT&T is combining aio and cricket together so I might buy a moto g on their because of their data plans. So far loving this Moto G!!!

SPS828

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I came from an iPhone 4S and so far I'm loving this phone.

Posted from my fast, furious, better than an iPhone, Moto G GPe

hrsetrdr

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I came from using a Nexus 4, which I still love dearly, but wanted a more ergonomic(read: smaller) phone that would fit properly in pants pocket, and didn't feel like I was holding a tablet to my ear, when making a call. I replaced my wife's inept Motorola 430 with the Nexus 4, and should be getting my Moto G sometime tomorrow.

crackd11

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I came from using a Nexus 4, which I still love dearly, but wanted a more ergonomic(read: smaller) phone that would fit properly in pants pocket, and didn't feel like I was holding a tablet to my ear, when making a call. I replaced my wife's inept Motorola 430 with the Nexus 4, and should be getting my Moto G sometime tomorrow.

I loved the nexus 4. Thought it had the best screen going and perfect size. Too bad it added too much bulk around it and was prone to sliding off whatever surface I put it on plus poor battery life.

crackd11

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Seems like not many have given up flagship phones like I did.
I mainly got tired of the bulk of the note 3 and the touch wiz bloat ware. I loved the form factor of the moto phone and the more pure Google experience.
Although 4.8 to 5 inch in the moto form factor would be the sweet spot for me.
The only way I'll switch is if the new moto x comes out with a slightly larger screen and better resolution.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Moto G as a backup/travel phone. Have been impressed with overall performance, but I like my G2 too much to replace it.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

Dominic Asamoah

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I came from a Galaxy S3. I initially bought the Moto G as an interim device.It's exceeded my expectations though.It is miles ahead of the S3 except the camera which I don't really care cos I'm really not keen on taking photographs.
I love the battery life,the beautiful screen, the ergonomics, the soft keys and the unscathed Vanilla Android.
I have bought the phone for two other friends and have become sort of a Motorola evangelist... Lol

Moto G

crackd11

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Moto G as a backup/travel phone. Have been impressed with overall performance, but I like my G2 too much to replace it.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

I can't blame you for keeping the g2. That has the contoured shape and is very compact considering its screen size ,the virtual on screen buttons, like the moto g, which I'm a fan of. Be nice if was more stock android.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Came from a boost Samsung Galaxy s3 that I still own. I bought this for my wife so she would have all day battery. I became so impressed I picked one up for myself and love it except the mobile IP registration errors. Love the battery life and responsiveness.

Inundated

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I came from a very-much-on-its-last-legs Droid 4.

The G is MUCH faster and has a MUCH better display, and I'm saving big bucks each month off contract with VZW prepaid.

Battery life? Night and day, even with 4G turned off on the 4. I'm training myself not to reach for every AC outlet I see. :)

Gw0lgn

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I came from an iPhone 4s, I got fed up with having to use the abomination that is iTunes every time I wanted to change my music. I really appreciate the larger screen on my moto g and it seems to have far better network coverage than my 4s had, that and the amazing battery life make the moto g ideal for me. I'm much happier with the freedom android brings that I sold my iPad mini retina and bought a nexus 7 2013 it was half the cost of what I sold my iPad for. Win win all around.

vbnmu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I was using a BB Q10 before that. I browse a lot and wanted a change halfway through my 24 months contract. I got the 16gb for ?100, which sealed the deal. Initially I was reluctant as I was used to an outstanding battery on my BB and didn't expect the G to be as good.

I have since bought 4 more Gs for various people and got an E at a bargain price for my mom.

The only thing I miss from my BB is the hub and the excellent email management.

Bryan Lucas

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I had a Atrix 4G before my Moto G. But the Atrix was just a bridge to hold me over after I got my GS3 wet last summer.

My Moto G is better than the GS3 becasue it's so much closer to stock, and at a great price. Of course it's better much than my Atrix, and I paid $95 for that phone!

For $200($220 for LTE) there isn't a better phone out there.

Kohltont22

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I had a HTC One SV on Boost Mobile. I couldn't stand being stuck on 4.1 for almost a year and then it got 4.2 months after the Europe variant did.

blackveils

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
samsung galaxy ace 2 on o2, worked fine for me, ram was rather tight, but i worked around it, using the boat browser mini helped.

i had the samsung for about 11 months, usually i get a new phone every 15-18 months. there was no real reason to change, i'm just a geek, and noticed the good deal and reviews for the moto g, thought i should get it before it disappears.

my partner gets my previous phones, though he doesnt really use any 'smart' features

linuxalien

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm replacing my LG Optimus F3 which has no room for apps but otherwise is a good phone. Oh the F3 screen isn't as viewable in the sun and it's summer here so I got more space and a better screen with my Moto G. I also like that it's water resistant but I'm not about to test it. Haha it also has a louder speaker for Google maps. Oh the quad core processor is awesome, including for running BOINC.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Epic touch 4G on sprint. Phone reset itself like mad all the time and I couldn't even use it anymore. Sprint had crap service everywhere I went. Although it was wimax. I won't ever miss that phone I love my moto g and T-Mobile

ogamawab

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Nokia 710 windows phone... I am happy I switch back to Android... Moto G is a steal...

Sent from my XT1034 using AC Forums mobile app