Android 7.0 Nougat facing an issue with updating/downloading app

Amit Nandanwar

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I bought a new Android handset Motorola Moto G4 in October 2016 with Marshmallow 6.0. Now I have updated it in Nougat 7.0. But I am facing an issue in this new update i.e. I am not able to update or download any app from playstore in roaming network while it is possible to do in home network. After that I am facing a new problem i.e. whenever I left the playstore app while updating or downloading, a notification appears that "can't update app" or "can't download app". I first checked that weather it is a network issue or not. Now I came to know that it's a OS problem. So I request to the Android Developer Team please find this bug & try to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you...

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I bought a new Android handset Motorola Moto G4 in October 2016 with Marshmallow 6.0. Now I have updated it in Nougat 7.0. But I am facing an issue in this new update i.e. I am not able to update or download any app from playstore in roaming network while it is possible to do in home network. After that I am facing a new problem i.e. whenever I left the playstore app while updating or downloading, a notification appears that "can't update app" or "can't download app". I first checked that weather it is a network issue or not. Now I came to know that it's a OS problem. So I request to the Android Developer Team please find this bug & try to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you...

I had the same problem last week on my Moto G4 Plus on 7.0 with mobile data but did not have it on wifi .

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here on G4 plus. No matter what I do will not update or even download anything from play store. Only when connected to LTE. If I connect to WiFi it works fine.
I've checked settings in the play store, cleaned cache. No idea what to try next.
Still on 6.0 on verizon network.

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Same issue here on G4 plus. No matter what I do will not update or even download anything from play store. Only when connected to LTE. If I connect to WiFi it works fine.
I've checked settings in the play store, cleaned cache. No idea what to try next.
Still on 6.0 on verizon network.

Seems like a Moto G4 & G4 Plus problem
Not a MM or Nougat problem.
I have my phone set to allow roaming in Settings > more but having the same problem.

Amit Nandanwar

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for your help & support. I'd like to tell you that I tried what you've suggests me to do with the link but your advice does not help me out. I'm still facing the issue. So what should I do now to resolve the problem. I think it's not handset problem, definitely not.

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
It seems to be working on my phone now.
I went to Play Store settings > General and chose ' Auto update apps any time' .It started working after that.
I did not have any problem last week when I was travelling.