Moto being awesome and all but

anon(6085464)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Quite happy to see Motorola gave 4.4 to Verizon users and the rest of the carriers should fall under that update list soon but.....what about the dev edition?
one of the perks of it was the direct update from Motorola and i don't mean to be a ****** but i couldn't find anything for us who gave up that big money for it.

not ******** but just felt like sharing.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Quite happy to see Motorola gave 4.4 to Verizon users and the rest of the carriers should fall under that update list soon but.....what about the dev edition?
one of the perks of it was the direct update from Motorola and i don't mean to be a ****** but i couldn't find anything for us who gave up that big money for it.

not ******** but just felt like sharing.

developer edition will get 4.4 right before ATT/T-Mobile gets the update.

verizon 4.4 is a real surprise. it even beats Nexus 4 ota.

so the next wave would be dev editions

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Per a friend at Motorola:

Worked hard with Verizon to get KitKat on their network. Keep your unlocked and dev models charged, it's coming very soon.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I gotta say, KitKat rolling out on Verizon first AND before the N4, has me kinda freaked out. I'm not suppose to like being on Verizon. This makes me like being on Verizon.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I gotta say, KitKat rolling out on Verizon first AND before the N4, has me kinda freaked out. I'm not suppose to like being on Verizon. This makes me like being on Verizon.

its a good news.. android update is getting faster for non bloatware phones(wink wink except all samsung phones)

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
its a good news.. android update is getting faster for non bloatware phones(wink wink all samsung phones)
No doubt. I'm digging the Moto X, and mine's not even in my hands yet. Two of the few things that made me hold off have been addressed. The first is Google Wallet tap to pay and the second was timely updates, which is, well, was, always an issue with Verizon. Maybe it's just the nature of 4.4 and it was easy for Verizon to approve. Who knows, and frankly, I don't care. It's pretty cool either way even though it creates a new level of expectation for the speed of future updates.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Where did Motorola say that? The benefit of the developer editions is the unlockable bootloader.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Where did Motorola say that? The benefit of the developer editions is the unlockable bootloader.

I thought they also tout updates directly from Moto and not thru a carrier. Could be I read on on a thread instead of from Moto...I almost went with a Dev edition but decided on a 32GB all black model on ATT instead.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I thought they also tout updates directly from Moto and not thru a carrier. Could be I read on on a thread instead of from Moto...I almost went with a Dev edition but decided on a 32GB all black model on ATT instead.

From Motorola.com:

Moto X Developer Edition
(GSM Networks)
It’s everything you love about the Moto X—with an unlockable bootloader.

32GB memory
Special black and woven white Developer Edition design
Works with AT&T and T-Mobile*
Bring your own SIM (none included)
Due to high demand, your Moto X Developer Edition (GSM Networks) may take as long as 7 days to ship.

anon(6085464)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
i know and which is why i searched for it before starting the post
remember it was listed as part of the perks like a month ago....which is why i mentioned it

i dont come up with stuff like that out of nowhere

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
i know and which is why i searched for it before starting the post
remember it was listed as part of the perks like a month ago....which is why i mentioned it

i dont come up with stuff like that out of nowhere
understandable... but its the same as one getting nexus ota on day 1 and other, after a week.

u r not forgotten. the next update will be for dev edition

MikeG7265

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I have the Verizon Dev Edition, and I got the 4.4 update today. So I'm assuming the GSM hasn't received it yet.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
One of these days people on here will understand what a Developer's Edition phone is and isn't.

I don't know why I said that. It will never happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87