Sprint Moto X vs T-Mobile Moto X

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

Quick Question: Will the Sprint version of the Moto X work on T-mobile? I want to buy a Moto X directly Motorola.

I'm currently on Sprint, and desperately need a new phone. However, I plan on switching to T-mobile at the end of year. If I buy the Sprint version of the Moto X straight from motorola, will I later then be able to pop in a T-mobile SIM and use the phone with no problems?

Here are the LTE bands for the Sprint version: Motorola Moto X (Sprint) Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

LTE Bands for the GSM version: Motorola Moto X (GSM) Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

What bands do T-mobile use LTE on? Which bands do they use for the HSPA and HSPA+ ? Will the Sprint version of the phone be fully functional with T-mobile's network?

Thanks!

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I looked at the bands and see they seem to be similar. My opinion would be no. I haven't seen anyone with a sprint ver. running on T-Mobile. Sprints CDMA technology and T-Mobile is GSM. I know a lot of this has changed in the last year or so and manufacturers are trying to cram every radio into one phone. But the T-Mobile version does carry the important to T-Mobile only frequency of WCDMA 1700. If your going over to T-Mobile in 2 months I just wait and get the correct version.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87