What is the best strategy to get a code today?

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Friend of mine wants a code. Should he make an account, sign in and then be ready to enter his email? Or do you not need to be signed in?

MexPride

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I actually had the same question. Any good tips?? One question I have is if I register for 2 codes can I pay each one with a different credit card?

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I actually had the same question. Any good tips?? One question I have is if I register for 2 codes can I pay each one with a different credit card?
I don't think which credit card you use matters. I think people said they were able to order multiple phones with 1 code. Not sure if that was a glitch or not or whether they still allow it.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Friend of mine wants a code. Should he make an account, sign in and then be ready to enter his email? Or do you not need to be signed in?

I only ordered one Moto X last Wednesday but I logged into my account right at 11:00 AM Central Standard Time and just refreshed my screen every few seconds and then the registration screen popped up. If you want to order multiple phones and get the discount on each, I think you have to use 2 different email addresses when you register.

MexPride

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I only ordered one Moto X last Wednesday but I logged into my account right at 11:00 AM Central Standard Time and just refreshed my screen every few seconds and then the registration screen popped up. If you want to order multiple phones and get the discount on each, I think you have to use 2 different email addresses when you register.

What page did you refresh? The home page?

ericinaz

May 24, 2011
Visit site
No, you don't need to be logged in. It will be a sign up page with your name, email.

Posted via Android Central App

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
What page did you refresh? The home page?

If memory serves me correct, yes. When I first pulled up the Motorola.com page before the sale started, I got the page that you can see if you log onto the site right now advertising the upcoming sale. I had an account, so I logged in but I don't think you have to have an account. I believe you can register as a guest. After I log in, I get the same landing page as you see without logging in. I hit refresh 4 or 5 times after the sale started and then the home page changed for me to one that gave me the option to register for a code. Fill in the requested information (name, phone#, email address) and you'll know right away if you were successful or not. If successful, you'll get a code emailed to you within a few hours. I believe last Wednesday, the codes were all gone within 8 minutes after the sale started. Good luck!

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
does the phone number have to be the number you are getting the phone for?

I don't believe so. I think it's just a current contact phone number and is probably used to contact you if you get nervous while you're typing in your email address and make a typo!

slg1906

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I had to refresh the page a few times (y'all are persistent little buggers) but I finally got my code!

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X