Moto X Battery Issue Since 4.4.2 Update or Thereabouts

samkast

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Screenshot_2014-03-02-12-56-49.pngScreenshot_2014-03-02-12-56-43.png

Does anyone know why this keeps happening to me? I literally just leave my phone on my desk, and sometime during the night the battery randomly plummets. This happened once before in the past week. I think it has something to do with Google Plus because, aside from streaming Pandora in the car, I barely used my phone yesterday. This is new, which makes me think it has to do with the 4.4.2 update or some app update. Based on the timing, I think it starts at around 1 in the morning.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 106452View attachment 106453

Does anyone know why this keeps happening to me? I literally just leave my phone on my desk, and sometime during the night the battery randomly plummets. This happened once before in the past week. I think it has something to do with Google Plus because, aside from streaming Pandora in the car, I barely used my phone yesterday. This is new, which makes me think it has to do with the 4.4.2 update or some app update. Based on the timing, I think it starts at around 1 in the morning.

Do you have auto upload enabled for Google+?

Posted via Android Central App

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but it's set for "While charging only." I haven't touched that setting in a long while.

From my experience your screen should be using the most of your battery but it's not even showing up as the one of the highest percentages of battery use. This is odd. When was the last time you rebooted your phone?

samkast

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah well I have a Nexus 7 that I use almost exclusively, the Moto X only gets used when I'm traveling. Listening to Pandora or checking the weather takes very little screen time. The phone had drained itself a few days ago, so it had rebooted, but I'll reboot it again anyway.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The main thing that's consistently using my battery power is my Android OS which is using almost 47 percent

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty