Crashing Most of the Apps after 4.4.3 update

Marc P2

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Nope. It's happening with my moto g's too. I first discovered it on my x then checked the g and it's the same for both. SMS absolutely does not work. Only messaging that isn't SMS ie. Hangouts for G+ users and apps like WhatsApp work just fine. Must have something to do with sim or something. It's not a Hangouts or Google issue.

Psycaholic Music

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday my phone updated; now when I turn it on I have all these stupid screens that I have no interest in; including one for games, which I never play. Before the update, when I touched to display it; it went directly to 1st page of apps, where I have the phone; people; facebook messenger, and everything I use.

Now I have a screen that opens up to some news from the US, then it goes to something to do with a racing game and music; then to battle nations; then to "You Social Network Screen"; none of which I want; nor did I put it there. Then it's screen after screen of the same junk and I can't get to my apps screen I want.

Do you know how I can get rid of all this junk off the phone and get back to it opening at my apps screen?

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Damn it is installing as I type and now I wish I waited a little longer. Frankly I was just getting tired of the reminders and caved (and word of camera improvements). If above is true, this doesn't bode well. I hate when updates are steps backward or just a way to get more marketing in your face.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday my phone updated; now when I turn it on I have all these stupid screens that I have no interest in; including one for games, which I never play. Before the update, when I touched to display it; it went directly to 1st page of apps, where I have the phone; people; facebook messenger, and everything I use.

Now I have a screen that opens up to some news from the US, then it goes to something to do with a racing game and music; then to battle nations; then to "You Social Network Screen"; none of which I want; nor did I put it there. Then it's screen after screen of the same junk and I can't get to my apps screen I want.

Do you know how I can get rid of all this junk off the phone and get back to it opening at my apps screen?

Welcome to Android Central! You are talking about the Moto X, right? If this isn't how it was set up before, than I agree with Groid--it almost sounds like it has been factory reset back to the default homescreen setup. After the update, did you have to go through the phone's setup wizard again, where it asks you to connect with your Google account?

If this wasn't due to a factory reset, then I would guess that you could just long-press whatever that widget is that you're seeing, wait until you can move it, then drag it to the Remove area at the top of the screen. It sounds like it might be the "Play - My Library" or "Play Recommendations" widget.

If you're still having problems, post a screenshot of that unwanted screen so we can see what you're talking about.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I just updated and that stuff with the screens is not happening to me. No idea but it sounds like you have some kind of app or malware affecting it.

I hope the camera is better because I do NOT like the new speed dial and contact lists, at all. The giant capital letters are pointless and distracting, the colors are ugly, and distracting, and I liked the black background on the dialer a lot better than the white. What were they thinking??

kingkong90210

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Do u also occasionally get a message unfortunately outlook stopped working also?I had the same problem. But at the same time multiple other*apps*also stopped working so that made me think the problem was something else rather than the outlook app.I even updated the outlook app as well as all the other*appsthat weren't working but none of then would work.I then noticed that there was 2 copies of the outlook app. The original old one and the newer one that I installed (during my attemps to fix all the*apps*that stopped working).*I then deleted to old outlook app. Suddenly low and behold all the*apps*srarted working again and the outlook error message dissappear. Woot!This was my solution. Give it a try

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress