Broken Phone Swap Issues

mjwill97

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I had a Moto X, dropped it, and cracked the screen. It still worked but I turned it into insurance and got it replaced. My replacement went through a wash cycle and as a result no longer works. I took both phones apart and took everything out of the cracked screen phone and put it into the phone that went through the wash cycle. Now I have a phone that works partially. Everything works on it except for when I place a call or answer a call. The screen goes black regardless if it is up to my ear or not. I am unable to end the call and have to wait for the person on the other end to hang up. It is a royal pain if I call someone and it goes to their voice mail. There is absolutely no way to end the call. There is nothing covering the proximity sensor and I made sure (a couple times) that everything is hooked up on the inside. The prox sensor is built into the main board and it worked just fine on the cracked screen phone. The other thing that no longer works is the feature where the camera is launched with the rotating gesture. Also when it used to be sitting on the counter I could bump it and it would display the time. I assume it is all related to a motion sensor somewhere. Does anyone have knowledge of what it could possibly be? HELP!

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I had a Moto X, dropped it, and cracked the screen. It still worked but I turned it into insurance and got it replaced. My replacement went through a wash cycle and as a result no longer works. I took both phones apart and took everything out of the cracked screen phone and put it into the phone that went through the wash cycle. Now I have a phone that works partially. Everything works on it except for when I place a call or answer a call. The screen goes black regardless if it is up to my ear or not. I am unable to end the call and have to wait for the person on the other end to hang up. It is a royal pain if I call someone and it goes to their voice mail. There is absolutely no way to end the call. There is nothing covering the proximity sensor and I made sure (a couple times) that everything is hooked up on the inside. The prox sensor is built into the main board and it worked just fine on the cracked screen phone. The other thing that no longer works is the feature where the camera is launched with the rotating gesture. Also when it used to be sitting on the counter I could bump it and it would display the time. I assume it is all related to a motion sensor somewhere. Does anyone have knowledge of what it could possibly be? HELP!
Easy solution to your first problem: use the power button to end a call.

Settings - Accessibility - Power button ends call.

mjwill97

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, weksa. I discovered that after reading it on another post while doing a little more research last night. I downloaded a light sensor app to ensure my prox sensor is detecting light and it appears to be working just fine. I also ran the spotlight app to ensure it respond to motions as I move the phone around and that seems to work just fine as well. This is so anoying! I wish I knew what it was. I did a factory reset and that didn't fix it either.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Good luck dealing with Motorola if you ever have to call them for technical or customer support.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89