Dropped my beloved Moto X today, guess how it ends. :(

anon(71309)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I bought my 2013 Moto X when it first came out and it has been my favorite cell phone. I've owned the OG Droid X, GNex, DNA, used a SG3 and SG4, but the X is my current, and most favorite of them all.

My contract with VZW is up at the end of September. The new Moto X 2015 will be released in a couple months. I have never busted a cell phone, until today. It had been overheating for a while, so I put it between the louvers of the portable AC unit in my office to cool it off. Well, I guess it wasn't in there right, because when the AC unit kicked on, the phone fell, screen first, onto the concrete floor. Screen is busted something fierce, and I'm at a loss as to how to continue.

I work in shipping for a small company, so I quickly threw some clear packing tape over the screen to keep all the tiny pieces from falling out. The phone still works, but there are areas where there are so many cracks that the screen is unreadable.

Getting a new screen isn't that much less than finding a good used '13 Dev Ed (mine was unlocked... won't buy them any other way now), and that is only about half the price as getting a Nexus 6.

I think that, more than anything, I am frustrated that this happened so close to the release of the '15 Moto X Pure. If I could just use a Moto G for the next couple months I'd do that.

*Sigh*

Verizon, why must you be so mean?

So, what suggestions would you all make?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The X Style is out in September, I believe.

If you really want to get it, I'd say try to live with it (highly impossible given how badly damaged your phone is) or get a cheapskate smartphone to use as a backup.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest getting a really inexpensive smartphone off of ebay or something. Then just buy a cheap prepaid SIM card and pop it in and use that for a month or so. You would probably only be out a $100 or so if you go this route. Then you will have a backup phone if something like this ever happens again.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

anon(71309)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I think I have a plan. I can't really be without my 4g data, so I may just buy a used Nexus 6 and then sell it when the next Moto X finally comes out.