jordandj24

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Thinking about sending my ebony back in for plastic and going with

Royal Blue
White
Red

http://i.imgur.com/htQL3P2.jpg

Covers 2/3's of my favorite teams colors. Cubs on the back and Bayern Munich on the front, even the back a little bit since their crest has the Bavarian flag.

I wanted to do the same color way but only because it was kind of like the NY Giants :)

I have a white front/chalk back but I'm sending it back for a white front/slate back. The chalk back is impossible to keep clean. I would not recommend it if you're not putting a case on your phone.

gilroyneil

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Whats the "grippiest" back? I like the idea of cognac or black leather. Maybe wood, but I want something that is really grippy and im worried the wood will be too slippery?

Thanks!

kertong

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
i've felt the soft-touch black plastic back, the bamboo wood, and the leather. Going from grippiest to most slippery, I'd say it is: leather, soft touch plastic back, bamboo. I haven't felt the "slick" plastic backs yet, but I'd imagine that would fall somewhere behind bamboo - the bamboo I felt was very nice, like a smooth paper. Not quite as grippy as the soft touch plastic or leather, though.

come to think of it, the leather and soft touch plastic might be a tie. it's close.

Arnold Aritonang

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
is it strange while in this video
http*p://youtu.be/9vDugpSiNbM?t=4m22s
shows that his motoX has darker bamboo
while in this forum use original bamboo even with the black front
and I love the darker bamboo there
can I get that?

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
is it strange while in this video
http*p://youtu.be/9vDugpSiNbM?t=4m22s
shows that his motoX has darker bamboo
while in this forum use original bamboo even with the black front
and I love the darker bamboo there
can I get that?

It seems like it's sort of random, but that you're likely to get a darker shade of bamboo with the black front than with the white. Given that it's natural, however, the actual shade is going to vary somewhat, just like the grain.

sabakukunigaara

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Front - White
Back - Teak
Trim - Metallic Blue

View attachment 136867

I have had so many black slabs (You know I still love you Nexus 5) that it was time to mix it up a little.

I was thinking of doing the same thing, but with the bamboo back. I'm not sure about that blue trim, though, and I can't get myself to pull the trigger on it until I see an actual photo of the blue speakers on the white front. Have you gotten yours yet, and if yes, can you post a real pic?

cbsevenfifty

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
New (Royal Blue) next to old (Ebony)

ppYoMhr.jpg

OupvoLJ.jpg

Have to say, I'm kind of disappointed in the Royal Blue. In reality, it looks a lot closer to the moto maker "Blue."

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Ended up with two wood backed phones. Teak/black/silver trim and Bamboo/white/silver trim.

Ooo, thanks for this comparison of the two. If I still decide to go Moto X (depending upon Nexus 6 and Turbo release), I might go Teak over Bamboo. That deep color and vertical lines look great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87