I hope the new Moto X exceeds my expectations

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I have come to rely on my "old" Moto X so much that I do not know if I can ever go to another phone. I need the flexibility it gives me to talk to it and have it respond back and do the things it does while I am driving and while at home. I do not know of any other phone that does what the Moto X does with such ease. It is by far the best phone I have ever had with the exception of the camera. My problem with the "new" Moto X is three fold.
1) Camera may not be that much better based on reviews I have read.
2) Battery may not be adequate due to larger screen.
3) The biggest problem I may have is the size. I remember when I had a 3.5" screen and said how great a 4" screen would be("The perfect size" ) I thought. Well I had that and then I got the Moto X with the 4.7" screen and that was now ideal. Just right I feel. Will I have another revelation about screen size with 5.2" screen? I don't know but some of my friends have the Galaxy 5 and it just seems to big. Where does it end and how big is big enough. All I can say is it better feel damn good in my hand or I may have to look for a different phone (bite my tongue).

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure it will be flooded with reviews but I need to see it in person and hold it to get a feel for the increased size.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
There are very few electronic items I buy that exceed my expectations, that is quite rare now with mass produced items that is geared toward lowing costs, and maximizing profit for shareholders.

I think the Moto X 2014 will meet 90% of my expectation, I don't know until I get it.. While you ask why I would buy it if it doesn't meet 100% of my expectation, there are no phones in the market right now that does that so there are trade offs, so I choose the one that come closest. Usually the level of customer service make a strong influence in the percentages as well.

The Moto G 2014 however, almost exceeded my expectation, probably one of the few phones I ever owned to do that.

KennyJohnson

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
the new moto x isn't perfect. No phone is. I wish it had a best in class camera and longer battery life. But, life is made by a series of trade offs. I'm willing to give a little on the camera and the battery in order to get better software. My wife purchased an S5 for me for father's day and I couldn't enjoy the camera because the software is poor.

The Moto X will get Android L quickly. It's not perfect but it does everything the Moto X 2013 did but now has a better camera and a better screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2