Moto X 2014 Wood back grip

Benji stark-elster

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone who had the 2013 or has the 2014 moto x know how good the grip is? Is less slippery than the HTC one m8? Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Wood back grip

I have the ebony 2013 Moto X and it's really slippery, but I was in the Verizon store last weekend and they had a 2014 bamboo one on display, and it felt much more grippy.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

I have the ebony 2013 Moto X and it's really slippery, but I was in the Verizon store last weekend and they had a 2014 bamboo one on display, and it felt much more grippy.

Yup.

With the exception of Bamboo, all the other wood backs (i.e. Teak, Ebony, Walnut) will be fairly slippery. This is because they're all just in fact refinished and stained Bamboo backs.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

I put XtremeGuard screen protector for the back of the phone, it take away the look just a bit and make it shinier, but it improve the grip and comfort.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

I put XtremeGuard screen protector for the back of the phone, it take away the look just a bit and make it shinier, but it improve the grip and comfort.

Do you have a link to this? This sounds like a good solution for my wife who carries her phone in her purse.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Do you have a link to this? This sounds like a good solution for my wife who carries her phone in her purse.
It's a wet applied screen protector, you have to use a water with a small amount of detergent to apply it, but it's easy and the Moto X is water resistant, so there is no risk if you do it correctly. There are instruction videos on YouTube too. Since the Moto X have curved glass, to install the wet screen protector on curved surface, you just put it on and wait a few minutes for the water to dry, once it's dryer it will stick more and will bend to the curves.

XtremeGuard.com

Also you need to search for "xtremeguard" on slickdeals.net for the coupon code. The code changes each month. With the coupon code they're very cheap so order a few, because you will probably mess up the first time doing it.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

It's a wet applied screen protector, you have to use a water with a small amount of detergent to apply it, but it's easy and the Moto X is water resistant, so there is no risk if you do it correctly. There are instruction videos on YouTube too. Since the Moto X have curved glass, to install the wet screen protector on curved surface, you just put it on and wait a few minutes for the water to dry, once it's dryer it will stick more and will bend to the curves.

XtremeGuard.com

Also you need to search for "xtremeguard" on slickdeals.net for the coupon code. The code changes each month. With the coupon code they're very cheap so order a few, because you will probably mess up the first time doing it.

No bubbles on the screen?

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

No bubbles on the screen?
If you install it correctly, by using a good squeegee, there is no bubble. You just need a clean environment with no dust, same as any other screen protector. There will be a small amount of tiny "water bubble" after installation, but it will dry out overnight and eventually disappear completely.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

I have the bamboo back and find it plenty grippy. I don't have an HTC One, but I find it grippiest of my devices so far. I've had the GS5, LG G3, Droid DNA, Galaxy Nexus, Droid Charge, Fascinate, and Droid Incredible.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

I have the ebony back on mine, and it is grippier than expected. I don't feel the need to use a case or bumper to improve the grip - it feels secure in my hand without that. I cannot compare to an M8 but I did have a M7 for a period of time and it is grippier than that.

Benji stark-elster

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site

Ok, thanks everyone. I'd be getting bamboo back, white front, silver accents on Verizon and will unlock it for sprint. Can't wait.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I have a case on mine, but if I wasn't to have one the ebony wood back is really grippy. I was surprised how it sticks to hand when you are using it.

anon(2345131)

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

Yup.

With the exception of Bamboo, all the other wood backs (i.e. Teak, Ebony, Walnut) will be fairly slippery. This is because they're all just in fact refinished and stained Bamboo backs.

I somehow doubt they're refinished/stained bamboo backs. It really wouldn't make sense.

sbmoore1

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

I got the Moto x 2nd generation with the bamboo back, white front and silver accents. I got my x like this because the bamboo back felt more grippy and lighter than the all white Moto x. I also gave the otterbox defender on my Moto x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez