Screen protection?

GatorsUF

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a good screen protector? One that sticks to the curved screen and feels smooth to the touch. Don't want rubbery feel.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Mr. Shield's on Amazon works great. No bubbles and has a mat finish. Love it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 7295.jpg
    7295.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 294

hawonjung

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I don't use it unless a good tempered glass one and I have not seen good one yet for moto x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GatorsUF

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I went without on my last phone GS3 and ended up with a lot of scratches. I'd like to preserve this one for a while if possible. I have a tempered glass on now, but it doesn't fit right. I will buy a new tempered glass one if they get one that works. I'm skeptical that tempered glass will ever work on this phone, unless they make a curved one which is not likely.

walt27

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Why would you need a curved tempered glass screen protector I don't think the glass is curved

GatorsUF

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Why would you need a curved tempered glass screen protector I don't think the glass is curved

All the tempered glass protectors bubble around the edges, this is due to a slight curve near the edges. The tempered glass can be pushed down to seal, but it comes right back.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Halo brand screen protectors for a long time. I really like them.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

ACG00

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm surprised by the lack of quality screen protection options. I'm weary of tempered glass protectors, and the cheap films look terrible after a few weeks. Ultimately I ended up buying an Invisible Shield HD protector for a Kindle Fire and made my own for the Moto X, using a tempered glass protector that I had planned to install as a template. It turned out really well, and should wear better than any of the other films you can get at the moment.

TaiwanTeddy

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Anti-Shock screen protector from the Motorola website, it's made by Power Support. Excellent screen protector, feels like glass.

jjohn268

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I am using this as well (got it 2 days ago), but it seems to be covering the 2 sensors on the bottom. I am not sure if it reduces the active display though.

It doesn't fully cover the screen, there is about 0.3 mm gap, but I am using a case that has the raised edges so it is not at all an issue.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the Anti-Shock screen protector from the Motorola website, it's made by Power Support. Excellent screen protector, feels like glass.

I was going to order that one when I ordered my mine ,but it was out of stock.So I went with the Non-Glare Film one .

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I was going to order that one when I ordered my mine ,but it was out of stock.So I went with the Non-Glare Film one .

Call Motorola - they'll probably comp you one for your inconvenience. That's what happened for me when the Hula bumper I wanted wasn't available when I ordered my phone, but later was back in stock. All I wanted was for them to waive shipping cost (since it would've shipped free w/the phone) but they just comped the whole thing.

Hungerdunger

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've just bought "Invisible Defender" protectors for my Moto X. They seem fine, but I noticed today that if I move my finger over the sensors one at a time, only the top right one wakes up the phone. Has anyone else noticed this, and does it really matter?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I've just bought "Invisible Defender" protectors for my Moto X. They seem fine, but I noticed today that if I move my finger over the sensors one at a time, only the top right one wakes up the phone. Has anyone else noticed this, and does it really matter?

Is this a ZAGG IS?

Hungerdunger

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Is this a ZAGG IS?
No, it's made by Rearth. There are cut outs for the speaker, camera etc but not for the sensors. I have another 3 left so perhaps I'll try punching holes. Trouble is, being a black model, I can't see the sensors.

I'm in the UK and can't see any protectors with pre-punched holes for the sensors, either on the Motorola site or elsewhere. But if anyone has been able to source them, I'd like to know.