Issue with Moto X Amoled screen. Yes, help please.

kurveb03

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Guys,
Need some inputs here.

I've tried 3 different phones. The first one had the famous yellow tint issue which was down to a minimum in the next 2 devices that i tried so I guess it all depends on luck. But as luck would have it or OCD :), I had new issues with them.

Both the replacement devices that I have tried so far have these 2 issues below:

1. Weird horizontal bands visible across the screen on light backgrounds (white/grey) most prominent on low brightness. They really annoy you when scrolling through your Twitter feed or any apps with a white background (Most on Lollipop!)
Best way to check these are in the default android dialogs of WiFi password or language choice.

2. I see static lines horizontal lines on the screen everytime the screen is touched and they disappear after 2 seconds of the touch. Again easiest way to check this would be to open the gallery and pull in the hamburger menu from the left. When touched to pull, mine shows prominent static/disturbance sort of ripples.

Can you guys check and tell me if these are common issues since both my replacement devices have had these & I am really not upto trying another replacement device after all the hassle.

Thanks.

nlys87

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I can see the horizontal lines in the gallery app for about half a second after pulling in the menu from the left side of the screen. They are barely visible though.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Meh, I see them too. I've seen them on other phones, but they are a far cry from being an actual problem. Barely noticeable to me.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I returned mine for screen issues. Great phone otherwise. Maybe I'll buy again if there is a black Friday sale but didn't want to exchange and just have the same problems.