Front facing camera

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got the phone and I noticed that the front facing camera seems very choppy when moving the phone. Is this common? I knew going into it that the cameras weren't great, but just want to see if maybe there is something wrong.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Just got the phone and I noticed that the front facing camera seems very choppy when moving the phone. Is this common? I knew going into it that the cameras weren't great, but just want to see if maybe there is something wrong.

Yes it's most likely a software issue. My front camera is very choppy while focusing or adjusting exposure. The videos taken with it don't come out choppy, so it seems isolated to the preview.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure. Paid a lot of money for it, and want to make sure it's working as intended haha. Love it so far!

Sean1624

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Its just lighting. If you try it in normal conditions, like a well lit room or a sunny day, it'll be wayyyy more smooth. That's how mine is at least!

Posted via the Android Central App

bjbaker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah pretty disappointed with the front camera on the new moto x.. the first moto x wasn't like that.

However as others said.. while in good lighting conditions or out door.. it's really smooth.. And the pictures still come out good, despite the extreme choppiness.

There are a TON of things to LOVE about both Moto X's... But I'm starting to long for an outstanding camera like the G3 or Z3, and really good battery life 3000+ Mah batteries. This Moto X has decent battery life.. but having the Moto 360 and the Micro Battery Pack connected to it all day via blue tooth.. I'm lucky to get 2 hours on screen time and 10 hours of battery.. Bad bad bad!! without those.. I get 3.5 hours of on screen time and 12-15 hours of battery.

Oh and I used the Moto Stream in my car (since I don't have blue tooth in my car stero)... As you can see I love me some Moto Products.. but the phone still leaves some to be desired.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87