is it good to buy moto x 2014 now?

girinath

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Its available in India at Rs. 15k i.e. 250$ US...
Will it receive android 6 update?
Are there any other issues with it?
Please reply...

Posted via the Android Central App

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The unlocked versions of the 2014 Moto X will receive 6.0 according to Motorola. Aside from a subpar camera compared to the 2015 models, there's nothing wrong with the 2014 Moto X. It's fast with a near-stock Android experience. I actually prefer it due to size and hand feel, but others like the bigger real estate of the new model.

katesbb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Are there any other issues with it?

1) The camera can take nice pictures, but it's inconsistent. Focusing can be challenging too.

2) The battery is average at best. I usually make it through a full day, but just barely.

3) Like Coyote said, it doesn't look like carrier versions will be updated beyond Lollipop.

Otherwise though, it's been a great phone.

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
1) The camera can take nice pictures, but it's inconsistent. Focusing can be challenging too.

2) The battery is average at best. I usually make it through a full day, but just barely.

3) Like Coyote said, it doesn't look like carrier versions will be updated beyond Lollipop.

Otherwise though, it's been a great phone.

This

Posted via the Android Central App

mindhead1

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a 2014 Moto X 3 months ago. It's a great device. I find the camera to be fine for my purposes ( Facebook, Twitter, etc.).

The battery is not great, but I picked up an Aukey quick charger and battery is not really a problem any more. A bump around mid day get me through to 10pm on a regular basis.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk