Sprint Moto X Replacement

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I got to thinking today and was wondering where Moto X replacements come from (like if I needed to get my X replaced for some reason) and how good are they compared to a brand new X? I know Apples refurbs and replacements are practically new and obviously come straight from Apple but do the Moto X replacement phones come from Motorola or does sprint do their own warranty replacements. I have the Sprint insurance aka TEP and in the past every time I needed to get a phone replaced I got a pretty crappy replacement. I don't know if it's gotten better or not. Any input is appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I got to thinking today and was wondering where Moto X replacements come from (like if I needed to get my X replaced for some reason) and how good are they compared to a brand new X? I know Apples refurbs and replacements are practically new and obviously come straight from Apple but do the Moto X replacement phones come from Motorola or does sprint do their own warranty replacements. I have the Sprint insurance aka TEP and in the past every time I needed to get a phone replaced I got a pretty crappy replacement. I don't know if it's gotten better or not. Any input is appreciated.

Will be a refurb from Sprint. I used to work in a Sprint service center and all replacements are just shuffled through Sprint. Chances are if the phone you send back has something minor wrong with it, they will tweak it and send it to someone else.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Have you or anyone else who cares to respond had any trouble with refurbs from sprint? I haven't had to get a replacement in a long long time so its been a while since I experienced the handy work. Have the refurbs gotten better?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I got 2 this year (somehow broke my HTC One and shattered my s4) and both replacements were like new. I couldn't tell there was ever anything wrong with them if there was.

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site

Hi sprokcet2017!

We'd love to help address your concerns for you! When you file a claim with us, our goal is to get you reconnected as quickly as possible by providing like-for-like replacements for our customers. This means sending a replacement phone that is the same make and model. We do use both new and certified-like-new phones in order to provide this service. While we can request a new device, it is based upon availability at the time of your claim. All replacements come with a 12-month limited warranty. This means that should your replacement device experience a warranty failure within the warranty period, it will be replaced at no additional cost to you. While we do cover most devices for Sprint, device coverage can vary by carrier. In your case, we do not cover the Moto X for Sprint. We recommend contacting your carrier directly to discuss this particular device.

We hope we have addressed all your concerns. We welcome you to visit PhoneClaim.com - Sprint cell phones replaced fast! File a claim for your lost, stolen, or damaged phone to view the complete terms and conditions of your policy. We are also here to help should you have any other questions, comments or concerns.

Thanks!

Asurion Social Media Team
@AsurionCares

phippsy84

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Getting your phone fixed from Motorola will run you 199. How much would it cost with insurance?

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

aloomis76

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

When I was in a Sprint Store recently the manager stated that if you create your Moto X on the Moto Maker site then they cannot guarantee you get the same phone if you need a replacement, they will likely give you an all black or white version.

What I would suggest and the way that I am going to go is to purchase the $85 Moto insurance (MotoSense I think it is called) from Motorola. First of all, it is two year coverage so it should cover you the length of your contract and second it is cheaper in the long run. Third, if your Moto ever breaks/malfunctions then you can send it back to Motorola and they will fix it for $40 bucks (still ends up being cheaper than Sprint insurance in the long run). You can do this up to three times during the two years and while they are fixing your Moto X they will send you out a loaner Moto X to use while you wait. This sounds best for me and a great add on to pay up front for.

My 2 cents have been given.

aloomis76

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Then it should he just like any other sprint return, they will give you the same phone as a replacement (possibly refurbished) up to three times. After that, they are supposed to give you a comparable phone model and the system is supposed to give you up to three different options of what that phone would be for you to choose from.

Hope that helps :)

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Sprint told me:
1) they couldn't replace a 32gb moto-maker phone, I had to go to Motorola to do that
2) the replacements they do are new, because they don't have any refurbs (yet)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87