Moto X randomly wiped

jswenson3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So i was at a party sat night with friends and my VZW Moto X (16GB) was completely wiped. It was in my pocket the whole time and i have no clue what may have happened.

Could this be a software glitch? Anyone else have or hear of this happen?

I'm thinking of going back to VZW and asking them to replace it...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a glitch. Or maybe your phone was setup to allow remote factory wipe and someone did it? It would have to be someone you know since you need your device to set it up.

Probably the former to be honest

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a lock code set? If so look at:
Settings
Security
Device administrators
Local Wipe Policy.

Is it set?

It maybe be **** dialing in your pocket and trying enough times to unlock, that it wiped the phone.

Chris

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a lock code set? If so look at:
Settings
Security
Device administrators
Local Wipe Policy.

Is it set?

It maybe be **** dialing in your pocket and trying enough times to unlock, that it wiped the phone.

Chris

I didn't even know it had this by default. I don't lock my phone, but good to know that if I do start locking it that this feature is there. I wish it let you change settings on it though, amount of unlock attempts and maybe a warning a few attempts before completely wiping it.

jswenson3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I didn't even know it had this by default. I don't lock my phone, but good to know that if I do start locking it that this feature is there. I wish it let you change settings on it though, amount of unlock attempts and maybe a warning a few attempts before completely wiping it.

WOW! I wasn't aware this was set by default either. I'm still not sure that this was it because I've never had the problem before. Either way, it looks like this is getting disabled and corporate sync will be going through Touchdown moving forward...

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk