Moto X+1 codename: Victara, coming to all four (US) national carriers (@evleaks)

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Its own model? Like an exclusive version? No thanks. Just give me an unlocked version customizable with MotoMaker and I'll be a happy camper.

I THINK he meant one that he can order through T Mobile unlike the current X that had to be purchased through Moto Maker and not that well supported by T Mobile. But I agree give me an unlocked version that I can customize.

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I THINK he meant one that he can order through T Mobile unlike the current X that had to be purchased through Moto Maker and not that well supported by T Mobile. But I agree give me an unlocked version that I can customize.

Posted via Android Central App

Yep.

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
If the rumors are true that Motorola is going with a 5.5" screen on the X+1, they're gonna have to blow me away with something else, because I prefer the size and form factor of the current Moto X. I won't go bigger than that unless they give me a serious reason to do it.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If the rumors are true that Motorola is going with a 5.5" screen on the X+1, they're gonna have to blow me away with something else, because I prefer the size and form factor of the current Moto X. I won't go bigger than that unless they give me a serious reason to do it.

+1! I hope the screen size is not 100% correct. An option for the screen is one thing....However if they offer such a screen they should allow the hardware to b in a smaller case with screen without lacking options or hardware. I'm a hardware guy my self. But we will see! I know its a dream but boy can we dream! :) I want 3gigs of RAM too. Not that its needed.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

Haven't seen those rumors. 5.2" was the rumor before, and I hope that is wrong. I think they could pull of nearly 5" on the current form factor, but any bigger won't fly.

BQ91

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Take this for what it is worth but my good college buddy (To much info) works in Fort Worth for Motorola. I think the confusion is there are two new moto X phones different sizes soon to be announced. Should hit mid to late summer. Both same form factor but different sizes think what HTC has done with HTC one and one mini, but with same internal specs. A larger 5.2 inch screen and a smaller 4.85 inch screen. I do not have a moto X but after talking to my old college roommate ,I have done some research and may make it my next phone when the new ones comes out, currently have samsung galaxy. The idea of customizing my phone including size of screen is appealing to me.

Last edited:

wmdunn

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Take this for what it is worth but my good college buddy (Texas A&M grad) works in Fort Worth for Motorola. I think the confusion is there are two new moto X phones different sizes soon to be announced. Should hit mid to late summer. Both same form factor but different sizes think what HTC has done with HTC one and one mini, but with same internal specs. A larger 5.2 inch screen and a smaller 4.85 inch screen. I do not have a moto X but after talking to my old college roommate ,I have done some research and may make it my next phone when the new ones comes out, currently have samsung galaxy. The idea of customizing my phone including size of screen is appealing to me.

That is great news ... can't wait!

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile - US and want a phone with wi-fi calling. If the Moto X+ has decent specs, larger screen than the Moto X and price $500 or less for 32Gb I'm in! Currently use an S3 and need a change. I don't need a Nexus but want pure Android!

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
The 4.85" makes sense and would be easy to do without actually increasing the si ze of the phone.

Good news indeed and hopefully true!

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Take this for what it is worth but my good college buddy (To much info) works in Fort Worth for Motorola. I think the confusion is there are two new moto X phones different sizes soon to be announced. Should hit mid to late summer. Both same form factor but different sizes think what HTC has done with HTC one and one mini, but with same internal specs. A larger 5.2 inch screen and a smaller 4.85 inch screen. I do not have a moto X but after talking to my old college roommate ,I have done some research and may make it my next phone when the new ones comes out, currently have samsung galaxy. The idea of customizing my phone including size of screen is appealing to me.

If this is true there will be a lot of satisfied customers on these forums

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I will be curious as to know more facts about the next Moto X as they become known.As long as new features/changes are improvements over the original Moto X will I be interested.So far though I'm patiently waiting for details as it becomes available . :)

PS: I would prefer the screen size not to go over 5" max though .IF the screen size has to change at all.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Screen dimensions

4.7" 104.0 x 58.5 mm
4.85" 107.4 x 60.4 mm
5" 110.7 x 62.3 mm
5.2" 115.1 x 64.8 mm
5.5" 121.8 x 68.5 mm

Current Moto X dimensions
129.4 x 65.3 mm

So 4.85" looks VERY doable on a device the same size the the current Moto X!

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards