Switched to the Moto Z Force DROID (verizon) AMA, I LOVE IT

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey All,

Took my Note 7 back to the verizon store last night, no restocking fee and they even gave me several deals on the Moto MODS and a bluetooth ear LG Tone set.. amazing...

First thoughts
----------------------
*LOVE the screen, it's almost just as good i can't tell a difference (also i put a tempered glass on it with zero problems)

*NIGHT AND DAY difference on speed and performance, everything is incredibly fast and snappy right out of the box, even while i was setting things up and installing things, not a single hiccup on speed what so ever, it's still fast as we speak.

*Never charged it over night and the standby time even after setting up the Moto voice LISTEN at all times, the battery only dropped 5% over night, incredible (just right on the same level with an iPhone with Siri listening)

*Camera is just as good, inside pics almost look better they aren't as washed out

*The moto mods are cool, not sure what people are talking about, I got the JBL Speakers and also the Battery pack... i'm actually liking this concept of how EASY they are to take on and off (strong magnets) I might keep them in my car so when i feel like switching out i can.
I'm currently keeping on the JBL speaker one because it has a cool kickstand and also a built in battery.. adds a nice solid feel to the phone.

More thoughts- I can't believe i didn't decide to go for this first.. i guess the marketing of the note 7 sucked me in, but this is by far a better phone.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, see that's a problem, I LOVE THE SPEN, use it constantly to edit, cut. Paste, etc ...i'm an artist and depended on it.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I think it's hilarious on the it's a better phone post. My son has that phone. When he grabbed my phone to check it out his exact words to me were "wow. My phone sucks". Lol.

TheLegoJoker

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Not trying to crap on your post so please front take it that way, but a co-worker and his wife got those a few weeks ago and he was showing it to me at work talking about how great it was... super fast, great battery, etc...
Week and a half later help came up to me and showed me his new note 5. I asked what happened and why he returned it. He said both phones dripped off on battery life after only a few days. Could be how they used it so that doesn't mean anything. He also said the phones lagged so much it was driving them crazy.
Everyone uses their phones differently and who knows if they downloaded something that was bogging their phones down. I would just pay attention to performance and battery life during your trial period.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Get what you like, like what you get. I have the Z Force and like it a lot. I can see why people would really like the Note 7. That's the beauty of Android.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
All phones have great battery life out of the box for new phones, and all phones run super fast new or after a factory data reset. That's because there isn't a bunch of crap in the cache, we don't have 100% of our apps, widgets and other stuff running in the background.

With that said, the Motorola should be a little faster and use a little less battery stock, Motorola is more stock Android, meaning it's not loaded up with all the extra UI, I call it eye candy. You will notice more black and white screens. I personally like the eye candy of the Samsung and lg's, it's a personal choice, but it comes at a small price in battery consumption and speed, all though I think the battery does good on the note 7.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey All,

Took my Note 7 back to the verizon store last night, no restocking fee and they even gave me several deals on the Moto MODS and a bluetooth ear LG Tone set.. amazing...

First thoughts
----------------------
*LOVE the screen, it's almost just as good i can't tell a difference (also i put a tempered glass on it with zero problems)

*NIGHT AND DAY difference on speed and performance, everything is incredibly fast and snappy right out of the box, even while i was setting things up and installing things, not a single hiccup on speed what so ever, it's still fast as we speak.

*Never charged it over night and the standby time even after setting up the Moto voice LISTEN at all times, the battery only dropped 5% over night, incredible (just right on the same level with an iPhone with Siri listening)

*Camera is just as good, inside pics almost look better they aren't as washed out

*The moto mods are cool, not sure what people are talking about, I got the JBL Speakers and also the Battery pack... i'm actually liking this concept of how EASY they are to take on and off (strong magnets) I might keep them in my car so when i feel like switching out i can.
I'm currently keeping on the JBL speaker one because it has a cool kickstand and also a built in battery.. adds a nice solid feel to the phone.

More thoughts- I can't believe i didn't decide to go for this first.. i guess the marketing of the note 7 sucked me in, but this is by far a better phone.

Nice. Sounds like you made a good choice for you. I want the mods too! Good luck!

p.s. Over time, I would bet you will notice that the screen and the camera (especially) don't compare..

Last edited:

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey All,

First thoughts
----------------------

A) great choice. If I didn't want the S Pen, I'd have the Moto Z

B) Motorola makes super awesome and under rated devices ever since the Moto X. I have had 3 of them and the Motorola buds.

C) camera is not as good

D) I'm super jealous of the mods.

Great choice.

totaled

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I came from the Moto Z Force and I will agree it's a bit smoother and that it has marginally better battery life. I think the mods are a cool idea and I had the JBL speaker & Incipio battery mod.. My main problem with it was the 2- 3 second delay when activating speaker phone and a similar delay in an audible ring tone -- If I was looking at the display I could see I was receiving a call but nothing audible for 2 - 3 seconds. A couple more negatives for me was while playing games it would get VERY hot and the "feel", I never got it to feel comfortable -- with no back on it, it felt too edgy and with the stock back on it -- it felt too thick. With regards to the Moto voice -- unless I was doing something wrong -- it was just a different way to start Google, basically instead of saying "ok google" you can choose whatever phrase you desire.
I totally disagree on the camera! The Note 7's camera is vastly superior to the MZF -- night and day difference in lower light. The display on Note 7 is also much better, as I feel the top plastic layer (shatterproof protection) on the MZF makes it slightly distorted at certain angles.
I find the Note 7 to be almost perfect as I love the S Pen and all the functionality it offers, as well as the water resistance, camera, display and it's stunning look and feel.
I'm glad I did try the MZF first so I wouldn't always wonder if should have got it instead of the N7.. Note 7 for me, is the best phone on the planet right now and Samsung stepping up to the plate on the battery issue just shows what a stand up company they are and that means a lot in this day and age!

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
The New Moto phones look great. I just don't think I can deal with that company long term.

Will be taking a look at the iPhone 7 instead.

accordex#AC

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I'd buy it too if they had the unlocked version out yet. No way am I switching to Verizon. I believe the speed/camera/display for sure. My Moto X Pure with a SD808 is about the same speed as this Note with the SD20...sad...My apps load 2x faster on my Samsung Tab S2 with a SD652 as well...I think this phone is extremely under optimized and a little over priced. I do love the always on display / wireless charging.....but those are about the only 2 things you can't get elsewhere for hundreds of dollars less, other than S-Pen, which I think I have used 3 times. I get people have use for it. I wish more phones had wireless charging. As someone who is in and out of the car all the time, the Qi Phone Mount is a great convenience.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
The only mod I'd be remotely interested in would be the projector. It's not enough to make me divert from the Note at this time though.

Conrats on finding piece of mind!