throwing in the towel

kodiakfjk

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Petty much had it with the droid2. The multi media aspect is horrible. A you tube video will play 20 seconds and stop. Some files play and the same type doesn't the next time. Tried rockplayer and most videos are grayed out and freeze. Too much effort and too many reboots with no results. Horrible.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hmm haven't had a youtube issue. But I can understand the frustration if your big on videos get the fascinate plays just about anything out of the box
I also use rock player and haven't had an issue with greyed out videos something may be wrong with the way you format it for this phone

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any youtube issues either.

As far as video, I've only played mp4 and avi, with the stock video player and I've had no issues at all.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Only time I have Youtube issues is if I have poor signal, youtube has to stream and if the player is playing the video faster than it can stream the content, well it's going to stop playing.

As for videos, all devices are pretty much finicky on what types they play, you just need to have the video encoded properly on it.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
That wasn't my issue with the Droid 2 - but I understand your frustration. I've had it with MOTOROLA. After 7 of their ****ty phones that broke on me, I went with the Fascinate.

travelingfool

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Droid2 for over a month now, and I've watched tons of youtube videos without a problem. I've watched 60 - 80 minute Flash videos with zero problem as well. Either you've got a lemon or you are in a slower 3G area. What are your SpeedTest results using the SpeedTest app in the Market? Depending on what part of the country I'm in, I've seen 3 bars of 3G get 2 MB down and 1.5 MB up, and I've also seen 4 bars 3G get 150K down and 50K up, lol, so not all 3G is created equal. If you are getting less than, oh, say, 700K to 800K download, youtube will buffer like a mother. Also, does it do it on WiFi too, or just 3G?

If you have a good fast connection, then that's not the problem. Try doing a factory reset, then before you load a single app or widget, try youtube. If your problem is solved, add one app at a time until the problem appears. If not...warranty? Although you'd probably have to "discover" a more serious problem to get a replacement.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Im in a decent signal area but my speeds are horrible on 3g I get around 2 seconds of video playback before a buffer. But its my speeds it plays back flawless on wifi and flash is also great on wifi op should try a factory reset may clear up that youtube bug

G

GenericMessage

Im in a decent signal area but my speeds are horrible on 3g I get around 2 seconds of video playback before a buffer. But its my speeds it plays back flawless on wifi and flash is also great on wifi op should try a factory reset may clear up that youtube bug

Agreed!

YouTube on my D2 was a bastard!

When it was working it lagged horribly (even when my flash didn't)
Then it started force closing!

Required a F-R to fix that problem

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Dang your right up their with me 6 d1 and I'm on my second d2

i had 3 Droid 1s and 2 Droid 2s. but i'n definitely happy with this D2.

I thought I was the only one that went through THAT many! :( So frustrating. When I went in there with my POS D2 that had a laundry list of problems (main one being the battery would become red hot for absolutely no reason- all I'd have open was like, the contact list, for example), the rep encouraged me to just factory reset it and keep it, I'm like this is my 7th phone, I'm sick of this... and he told me that if I traded to another phone I'm going to have a "different set of problems". I've had my Fascinate longer than that D2 (and longer than several of my D1's) and it's been a dream.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah my first one was bad. This one has been pretty good. Want to switch to the fascinate but only if I start to get problems with this one.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
...and he told me that if I traded to another phone I'm going to have a "different set of problems".

That's such a bull **** thing to say! I understand from the company's stand point not wanting to swap to a completely different phone, but after 7 exchanges I'd think he'd be more than happy to do it to keep the customer. The way I'd see that, if I didn't know much about phones/technology, is that all Verizon phones have problems and you just have to deal with it. This makes me really mad, and I wasn't even there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo