Withdrawal Symptoms...

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
As I lay here under my desk, twitching and muttering to myself... I wonder how anyone could put up with this Droid 2 nonsense...

My daughter, who I now have dubbed "the Destroyer of Phones" gave my OG a bath... in the toilet. Now I have an insurance-replaced D2.

Someone shoot me?

I miss the flexibility of flashing ROMs whenever I wanted. I miss having my picasa albums in my gallery. I miss being able to flash a kernel to OC. I miss my gold accents. I miss having alt and shift buttons on either side of my keyboard. I miss being able to adjust the auto-brightness levels.

If you've got solutions to any of my problems, feel free to offer them... otherwise, just consider this a rant.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I can't speak for you, but I know that I flashed my D1 so it would perform faster, and have access to newer firmware. The Droid 2 is already fast, and runs the latest firmware.

Soooo....what exactly are you missing, themes? Those will come with time, or you can just grab a D1 theme and convert it yourself. As far as the buggy 3D gallery, you could always just rip it from one of the Tranquility ROMS that removes the Blur widgets and install it yourself.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Honestly I don't miss flashing roms and I was upgraded from a d1. I have flashed all of three roms since getting this and one didn't last 5min before I restored. Im currently running the deodexed leaked rom that just came out and will probably stay with this for awhile. Even stock with the stock launcher my d2 is faster than my d1 so im good the only thing I hope for is overclock

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I liked being able to tweak things. The lumen thresholds for the auto brightness, for example, so that it would get far, far dimmer in the dark than it does (currently my D2 blinds me at night in my room). I liked being able to change the LED colors with CM6. I OC'd my OG, but only to .8g, so the speed is better, sometimes.

But what I really, really, really, really miss is being able to have all my photos in one place in the gallery instead of having to go to picasa via the browser. It just irks me. A lot.

I finally got the blasted thing rooted, so it's starting to come around... a little bit. But I still would drop this thing in a heartbeat for my OG or a DInc.

Motorola... I hate you.

And I swear to almighty God that if this thing loads that MFing Verizon web page one more time when I plug it into my computer, I'm going to torch the thing and get my Blackberry back out of its box............

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
your picasa issue is easily fixed by doing what was previously stated. just rip the Google3Dgallery.apk from the tranquility ROM and install it. You'll be able to view your picasa albums again. You can actually do this with all of the stock apps except for the ones that Motorola didn't actually replace and just tweaked like the Dock.apk to install that you'll need to run the commands.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
To prevent the webpage from loading when attaching your phone, just right click on the moto connect icon in your taskbar on the lower right, goto the "when my phone connects, launch..." and select "nothing"

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Cool didn't get a chance to remove anything but this dumb bloat pushed on me is killing my experience with this phone like that vzw web page

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii