Key Droid 3 Features

Rlin5741

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Close to making the switch to a Droid 3, but getting conflicting information about certain features I see as essential. Does anyone know if these are available specifically on the Droid 3 (I know some of these will be phone or manufacturer specific), particularly if they are present in stock form (i.e. The stock and fully integrated email and PIM programs) and if these features require third party apps:

- Support for multiple Exchange accounts - I.e. Can I set up two exchange accounts to sync email, calendar, etc? Do the calendar items show up color coded or otherwise marked so I can tell which items are for which Exchange account (and as a result syncs only items associated with that account to the cloud Exchange server)? I have read that HTC uses some custom email program that does not allow multiple exchange, plus I am particularity interested if multiple exchange calendars are supported.
- Email with attachments - and these are non media attachments, like DOC and PDF files. More notably, can I attach a file I have stored on a device to a reply - I know with Docs2Go I can attach items to new messages, but can I use native email to select a file and attach (much like on the Blackberry). I have read a lot of conflicting information here, from some claiming it works, to some claiming that even forwarding emails (from non-gmail account or gmail app) will strip attachments.
- Is there a spell check with the physical keyboard? The one in the store did not appear to have one, but I have a hard time believing that such a basic feature is missing, I am talking about an actual spell check, not predictive text, I.e. I want to see misspelled words highlighted or be able to run a program afterwards to check for misspellings. Predictive text is a workaround, not vey good for typing a lot or quickly.

Thanks all for your help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana