Droid 4 Tethering?

kgmc188

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up my Droid 4 today, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the steps that I would need to take in order to enable wifi tethering on my phone. (e.g. rooting, what apps to download). I don't know much about this type of thing so any info you can give me helps. Thanks in advance.

Rory.Gibb

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Rooting;
http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-4/155397-root-how-root-droid-4-a.html#post1613938

The instructions contained in a comment to an article on wifi tether for Droid Razr worked for me;

How to Get Free 4G LTE Wifi Tether/Mobile Hotspot on Rooted Droid Razr! | DroidRazrRoot.com

The comment from user Kendallhabra;
"...download aShell and aSQLiteManager from the Market. Go into aShell, check the ?Root? box at the top, go to File Explorer, then go to data -> data -> com.motorola.android.providers.settings -> databases -> settings.db, open it with aSQLiteManager, click Settings -> Data, click ?PgDn? until you get to 150, click ?Edit?, change the value to 0, then press the back button soft key until you are prompted to save the changes back in aShell, save the changes, and reboot your phone. You of course still need to have your phone rooted for this method."

Rory.Gibb

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
One more note... I use the stock Mobile Hotspot app, did not change any settings. Whenever I tried a 3rd party wifi hotspot app, it would simply start the stock app. Also, my old dell laptop was unable to connect to this ad-hoc wifi access point but a Droid0 and Apple iTouch connected OK. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty