Ghost 100 Charger

jennharley11

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I have a Motorola Droid 4 and the charging cable port doesn't work very well. Verizon suggested I purchase the Ghost 100 and the back cover containing the magnetic connection. I've tried using the charging pad and it seems my phone is charging but only at 10% and I started it approx 5 hours ago. I'm so irritated. Also, both my cell and the charging pad are extremely hot. I found this statement on a blog while I was searching the web: "When you place the device on the charger, a red light (almost looks like KITT from Knight Rider) emits the length of the pad, just below the Droid embeded logo. Make sure that you position your phone horizontally across the pad and not portrait. You may need to adjust the phone slightly for optimum placement until the wireless charging connection wakes up. Your phone should display a wireless charging screen instructing you to make sure the screen logo is directly above the charging pad center emblem." I do not see this on the screen. The red light doesn't stay on, sometimes it flashes. Any suggestions? Should I go back to Verizon, wait in a long line and speak to their tech people? Thanks AndroidCentral. Jenn :'(

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums!

Do you have insurance to get a replacement phone?

Look on the display when charging on the pad, does it show, on any way, that it's charging?

I think the battery on the display only appears if the phone is off. Try it that way.

If it's not charging and it's getting too hot then something isn't working.
Either there's a problem with the phone, the battery or the pad has a defect.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

jennharley11

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi STARGATE -
Thanks for the reply. No, I do not have the insurance. This particular phone is the product of an insurance claim. I've never been happy when I've had to make a claim because it seems that I have always received a refurbished phone. Yes, when it does charge the icon at the top shows the charging symbol. I did try charging it while turned off, but the phone turns back on after placing it on the charger. I realized after I got home from the office last night that I was using an extension cord strip since the charger AC plug couldn't reach the wall, so I plugged the charger into the wall directly and it worked so much better. I've never had a charger not work properly when using an extension cord or strip. It must be because of the type of charger this is. I only need this wireless charging system to work until April - then I will be getting a new phone. Not a Droid. Thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy S 4. What do you think? Any comments. Again, thanks for the reply and hope you are having a terrific day! Jenn :)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello Jenn!

I'm glad you got it to work better, hopefully it won't get too hot anymore.

If you're planning on getting a new phone until April I suggest you wait for the Galaxy S5 since Samsung already said it'll come out in April. Well, carriers will probably start selling it until May, who knows!

Anyway, I'm very happy with the GS4, you'll be fine with it and might even get it for free by then since it'll be a year old.

But you have plenty of time to think about it or save money for a brand new phone.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!