Droid Maxx vs Moto X battery life comparison

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I have both and ran a little test today for anyone wondering what the difference in battery life is. Exact same setup. Both synching Google, a gmail account, a corporate email account and Facebook. GPS on, Bluetooth of on both. WiFi off on both. Both have been with me all day. Here's the difference with 30 minutes screen on time..

Droid Maxx.

jutazu2a.jpg

And Moto X

emypu3yg.jpg

Maxx also has 46 more minutes off charger. Also about 5 minutes talk time. No talk time on the X. I just browsed some websites and these forums and such. I actually did a short video on the Maxx(about a minute) but no video on the X

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Some of this may have to do with network strength and the test is sort of invalid based off that (ATT vs VZW). However, its obvious the Maxx should be stronger. :)

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
True. But that's a big difference. I'm in a big market and the signal strength is 3 bars or more on each constantly

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
True. But that's a big difference. I'm in a big market and the signal strength is 3 bars or more on each constantly

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

I know. I believe CDMA always took more than GSM but both are LTE so its probably a miniscule difference. Still good tests overall though!

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4