Creaky MAXX

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yah I found your post about dropped signals... Sorry to hear that man but it seems this should be more wide spread of a problem. We shall see about the next update.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

That's the confusing part but as long as another device works fine all is well.

For those creaky Maxx replacements. Check them out and look for creaks immediately. With all of my replacements for various issues I got some that not only creaked but the back had a pop noise and even could be felt.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The first rule about soak tests is you do not talk about soak tests.

The second rule about soak tests is you do not talk about soak tests.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The first rule about soak tests is you do not talk about soak tests.

The second rule about soak tests is you do not talk about soak tests.

Correct, you do not talk about the soak test. I've been a part of them many times for Motorola. It's hilarious when someone hints at a soak test yet can't say it's a soak test. ;)

The first rule of an update is don't break what isn't broken. Granted my issue was isolated it's still unacceptable that there was no fix with that device. That's the last I'm saying about this though since there's no reason for me to continue and derail this thread. :)

Just do as you feel is best. As for the original poster, please let us know if your replacement is creaky. If it makes even the slightest abnormal noise get a replacement because it will get worse. Trust me, I've been through it.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I guess I should update that I did get my replacement phone yesterday and the replacement is solid as a rock - no gaps, no squeaks, no creaks, no pops, nothing. Its an absolutely solid phone with 0 issues. Thank god haha.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I guess I should update that I did get my replacement phone yesterday and the replacement is solid as a rock - no gaps, no squeaks, no creaks, no pops, nothing. Its an absolutely solid phone with 0 issues. Thank god haha.

Glad to hear. Hang on to that one for as long as possible. I wonder if the phone loosens if it sits in those Verizon "plastic" films too long while in transit. I try and keep it to one day with no weekends.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear. Hang on to that one for as long as possible. I wonder if the phone loosens if it sits in those Verizon "plastic" films too long while in transit. I try and keep it to one day with no weekends.

I was wondering too if it's just going to do this if you don't use a case. I don't use cases I rather the phone to be as sleak as possible and I carry it in my pocket 90% of the time. I can't wear it on a belt or side because my job has me climbing around the inside of aircraft in places that are pretty tight. Mine didn't creak at all when I first got it but it has slowly started and getting worse. The creaking doesn't really bother me I just worry that it may get to the point of the back popping off. But I think I will go ahead and see if I can get a replacement at least once when I get to where I can.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering too if it's just going to do this if you don't use a case. I don't use cases I rather the phone to be as sleak as possible and I carry it in my pocket 90% of the time. I can't wear it on a belt or side because my job has me climbing around the inside of aircraft in places that are pretty tight. Mine didn't creak at all when I first got it but it has slowly started and getting worse. The creaking doesn't really bother me I just worry that it may get to the point of the back popping off. But I think I will go ahead and see if I can get a replacement at least once when I get to where I can.

The Verizon store carries a gel case which fits extremely tight that I suspect causes the creaking to begin. That's why my first one creaked immediately. I then used the next phone with the same case and a month later it creaked loud enough to hear 50 feet away. No joke. So my next phone I used a Diztronic case and it never had an issue. Shortly after Motorola updated it and bricked it. The next phone was creaky right out of the box. :(

Trust me the back isn't popping off but if it feels like it's going to than replace it. I took apart a RAZR Maxx (original) and while creaky it was held together very well. Just annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa