Droid MAXX: Case suggestions?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello, is there a case that's very slim with good protection and can be put on a car mount?

Thanks.

A universal car mount, yes. An OEM car mount, which I'm unsure if ones made, no. Slim cases will provide some protection but nothing top tier such as an Otterbox. I recommend a Tudia as it's form fitting and has a front lip to protect the phone just a bit.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Does the Reveal cover all the edges? I've never liked the Feather because it leaves the top and bottom wide open. Whats the point in a case then?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Does the Reveal cover all the edges?

It sure does. It's my case of choice these days - it's light, it has grippy sides, it has a raised lip on front to protect the display when face down, it covers the chin right up to the bottom of the glass, and the buttons are easy to press. I wouldn't mind port covers for the headphone jack and the USB port, but that's the only thing missing for me.

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
i have the incipio feather as well.

what screen protector do you have on?

I use the anti glare 3 pack from Verizon.

I attached the protector unwrapped to my phone with Scotch tape and use a rolled piece to remove lint. Easiest to install period. Better yet have vzw do it for free.

I've had my phone since release and I just put my second one on only because I'm anal and saw a few small scratches on the protector.

They also pair wonderfully with the otterbox defender and Trident cyclops.

I dont care for the reveal. They get too scratched up on the back and cause wear marks on the kevlar.

Really considering a skin of some sort paired with a bumper.

Sent from my XT1080m using Tapatalk

LOTL2

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the Tudia Ultra Slim on my Note 3 and its basically a better version of the Diztronic in my opinion. A textured back that feels better in hand but instead of Matte sides it's glossy so there's added grip. Definitely more protection than say an Incepio Feather but also not heavy duty like an Otterbox.

Its a shame Spigen doesn't make cases such as the Neo Hybrid for the Droid and I have yet to see a true Tempered Glass screen protector. :(

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
Bought one of the tempered glass screen protectors on EBay. Only place I could find them. Replaced the plastic one that came with the Otter box defender. Works and fits great.

Chris Miller25

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I absolutely hated using otter box ... I felt that the clear plastic screen cover thing protected the screen TOO well and it didn't pick up where my finger was touching properly... I am IN LOVE with Speck cases though ... they're like rubber or silicone ( or something) on the inside and hard plastic on the outside ... I found them easy to get on and off, and for someone as hard on a cell phone as me ... the case has not failed me yet ... however with no screen protection I did get and do recommend getting tempered glass for the screen When I got it for mine the lady took her phone out and like slammed it on the edge of the table and her phone was absolutely fine ... but i have a wonderful black and dark gray SPECK case that I love and would recommend to anyone ( the Speck case had also stood up to the test of my 2 year old Pitbull).

Ole Man Dan

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Commuter Case by Otter Box. Good case, and it provides increased strength.
I didn't think I would like it, but it works.
NOTHING IS BULLET PROOF, so take care of your phone, and the case can help you.

someguyatx

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Commuter Case by Otter Box. Good case, and it provides increased strength.
I didn't think I would like it, but it works.
NOTHING IS BULLET PROOF, so take care of your phone, and the case can help you.

Yep I have a Commuter for active days and outdoors stuff and a Cruzerlite TPU for daily use.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the speck and the sides are showing a fair amount of wear. I like the case, but am disappointed by that. I also have the Verizon bumper case. It's fine for what it is.

TechCaptain

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I absolutely hated using otter box ... I felt that the clear plastic screen cover thing protected the screen TOO well and it didn't pick up where my finger was touching properly... I am IN LOVE with Speck cases though ... they're like rubber or silicone ( or something) on the inside and hard plastic on the outside ... I found them easy to get on and off, and for someone as hard on a cell phone as me ... the case has not failed me yet ... however with no screen protection I did get and do recommend getting tempered glass for the screen When I got it for mine the lady took her phone out and like slammed it on the edge of the table and her phone was absolutely fine ... but i have a wonderful black and dark gray SPECK case that I love and would recommend to anyone ( the Speck case had also stood up to the test of my 2 year old Pitbull).

I have the same case. My only complaint, the back scratches too easily.

Sent from my (still relevant) Droid Maxx

mike406

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I have an Otterbox Commuter series case. My Maxx took a nice spill onto pavement with it on from about 4-5 feet off the ground and just scuffed the corner of the silicone layer a bit. YMMV of course, and perhaps I was just lucky but I'm happy to have this case for sure.

mcaples

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I just picked this up on Amazon for $10.99 (I never by accessories from carriers)

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 16164.jpg
    16164.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 22

Skydaver

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Case suggestions?

While it's not the popular choice, I went with the Verizon Shell/Holster combo. I don't use the holster, but I like the case. But what really sold me was the fact that it has a kickstand built in. And Amazon has it for $12 vs. the $30 that Verizon sells it for.

I had that case for my previous Droid Razr, and got it from Amazon for $12. It has a little bit of corner protection, but is kind of brittle, so if you're prone to dropping it, you may have to replace it after a bit.

It fits in my pocket just fine.

armyav8tor

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
The Verizon holster case is hard plastic with minimal give. When I dropped it, there was no visible damage but the internals of the phone was. A hairline crack on the motherboard and I lost my rear camera. It is bulky and ugly, I switched to the Verizon bumper case and I think it offers a higher level of protection and it exposes the back of the phone which is not only beautiful to look at, but makes a stronger bond to magnetic car mount. Also great with wireless charger.

Sent from my DROID MAXX using Tapatalk