Not Charging?

callieh71

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I have only had this phone a week and have had multiple problems charging it. I am using the Motorola charger it came with and am charging it in the wall. It will appear as if it is charging but when I get up in the morning it isn't uncommon for the battery to be lower than it was when I started charging it. I have tried other outlets in my house too. Has anyone else had this issue/have any suggestions?

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I have only had this phone a week and have had multiple problems charging it. I am using the Motorola charger it came with and am charging it in the wall. It will appear as if it is charging but when I get up in the morning it isn't uncommon for the battery to be lower than it was when I started charging it. I have tried other outlets in my house too. Has anyone else had this issue/have any suggestions?

It could be either bad wires inside the charger cable or a bad port in your phone. Have you taken it to a Verizon store?

Posted via my DROID MAXX

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Charger itself could be bad too. I would suggest trying a different cable and charger first

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

hub1

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you see the white lightning bolt inside the battery indicator next to the time when the charger is plugged into the phone. That lets you know the phone is receiving power.

callieh71

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your responses. I'm not sure if it was luck, me turning the battery saver on (which if that's what it needed it doesn't make sense) or just me threatening to go to the Verizon store but for what ever reason last night when I charged my phone it charged up to 100 instead of not charging. :)