Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default After kit Kat, do i still have a maxx??

Delayed update for a while. Accidentally updated. Now battery is horrible. I did factory reset, wipe cache, etc. And its been over a week. I got better battery on the galaxy s4.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails After kit Kat, do i still have a maxx??-1401410008905.jpg  
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: After kit Kat, do i still have a maxx??

Quote Originally Posted by conan1071 View Post
    Delayed update for a while. Accidentally updated. Now battery is horrible. I did factory reset, wipe cache, etc. And its been over a week. I got better battery on the galaxy s4.
    And when I attach picture to this post, it says android central has stopped.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

And when I attach picture to this post, it says android central has stopped.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails After kit Kat, do i still have a maxx??-1401410325944.jpg  
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Voice
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails After kit Kat, do i still have a maxx??-1401410390094.jpg  

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

I have the update for a week now? My day started 5:30...USA today e mails. Flew to detroit...watched 2 episodes season 5 Archer...used Ever note constantly..toured 3 sites...took pictures like crazy.mostly with flash...pushed e-mail automatically....flew home..watched 2 more Archer episodes (not sure why Pam isn't dead). Now on Android central

41% left....I am pretty happy.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Here is screenshot

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails After kit Kat, do i still have a maxx??-1401415395961.jpg  
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Your battery is better than mine

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Perhaps mine has just "settled in"

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by P-raggles View Post
    Perhaps mine has just "settled in"

Its been over a week for mine. It's not just the battery that's a mess, its also a lot of the programs don't work properly, can't double tap to zoom, email comes in with very small font, weak signal.

Its been over a week for mine. It's not just the battery that's a mess, its also a lot of the programs don't work properly, can't double tap to zoom, email comes in with very small font, weak signal.
    I think that you should back up what you can, factory reset the phone, and start from there. That's the first step to determining whether it's a hardware issue that requires a warranty replacement or not. If you never factory reset after the original KitKat update, I'd definitely do it now. I know that the updates try to update in place, but after a big upgrade like that, I always think, it's better to factory reset and set up the phone again.
    P-raggles likes this.

Soft reset?

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    I think that you should back up what you can, factory reset the phone, and start from there. That's the first step to determining whether it's a hardware issue that requires a warranty replacement or not. If you never factory reset after the original KitKat update, I'd definitely do it now. I know that the updates try to update in place, but after a big upgrade like that, I always think, it's better to factory reset and set up the phone again.
    Thanks. I have done 2 factory resets and several wipe cache. The phone was fine before this update.