Turbo 2 - Is the back plate user replaceable?

coreyr1

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know if the back plate on the device snaps on or is it bonded in some way? I'm wondering if it will be possible to have a few back plates and change them out.

Corey

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe it's removable (or at least not meant to be easily/regularly removed), or they would've talked about accessory backs rather than their "refresh" promotion. I think the idea is that the changeable backs too easily get loose and then can make the phone feel cheap, so the keep the changeable backs for their lower end phones.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Some people have managed to replace the backs on their Moto X. You could probably find out how to do it on YouTube. Then you just have to find OEM backs on ebay or elsewhere.

I don't much about it but I'm sure it'll involve adhesive.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Some people have managed to replace the backs on their Moto X. You could probably find out how to do it on YouTube. Then you just have to find OEM backs on ebay or elsewhere.

I don't much about it but I'm sure it'll involve adhesive.

people have managed to easily remove the Galaxy Note 5's rear glass cover and strip it completely naked.(actually, transparent) so I guess anything is possible! :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the back plate on the device snaps on or is it bonded in some way? I'm wondering if it will be possible to have a few back plates and change them out.

Corey

Glued/bonded.

Not supposed to be user-replaceable.

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Swapped my gray nylon back out for a black one. Not that bad. Pretty easy just peal it off. Hard part is removing all the old adhesive. Whole process took about 10 min from start to finish. Picked up my back for around $32 shipped on ebay from a us seller.

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Ebay seller
pwrdbykyank

Pic of the old back so you can see how much adhesive you will be pealing back. It helped a little to let the bat go down to 10% then quick charge it to heat it up. Came over packed i seen phones get shipped in less. Back was in a plastic bag warped in bubble wrap and in a box. And yes its a OEM Motorola back and he sells all of them. Rubber, nylon and leather.

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 22