DROID TURBO 2: My first Motorola smartphone

lou61166#CB

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I only had the turbo 2 1 day, and I am very satisfied with it, fast everything works perfect, I still cannot believe people would not buy it because of lack of fingerprint reader, I was a little sceptical of the screen not being glass but I actually prefer the way it is no fingerprints I find it a little strange it has no reset option in the shutdown menu, but it is a well built phone feels good in the hand I have it in an ottebox commuter case which does add bulk.one thing I am worried about is when Verizon updates it it does not ruin the phone like my LG G2, but I would recommend it to anyone.

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: My first Motorola smartphone

Congrats and welcome. Personally, Moto has continued to win my business with the ambient (moto) display of how they handle notifications. I hope they never change it. As far as updates, just accept the fact you're on verizon, and have a verizon device. You will always be behind on updates because of the carrier testing they do. So just accept that fact now, and you'll be much happier later. If you can't, well, then think long and hard before your 14 day return policy is up. Too many people complain later, and everyone know's verizon is slow with updates. Personally, I like the fact they test the heck out of it before releasing it to the public.

lou61166#CB

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the helpful reply it is not waiting for the update that bothers me I would be happy running lollipop for the life of the phone it is the fact my G2 was flawless on kit kat and Verizon really trashed it when I updated lollipop

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the helpful reply it is not waiting for the update that bothers me I would be happy running lollipop for the life of the phone it is the fact my G2 was flawless on kit kat and Verizon really trashed it when I updated lollipop

Fair enough, yea that can happen sometimes. Did you try a factory data reset by any chance after the update? Sometimes that helps...

lou61166#CB

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Yes if you go to the Verizon LG g2 part of this fourm it was a known issues with the update to lollipop and seeing the phone is more then 2 years old Verizon will not fix or give anymore support to it

strawbee

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site

That's because holding down the power button for a long time (about 10 seconds) is the reset :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non