What a close one

qonic

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
well this moring my D2 wouldn't wake up with my hand waving over it so i went to check the settings every
thing is on (i need to send)my phone back i'm thinking. Motorola tech had me to push power botton then

when power off window shows push and hold it until reboot to safe mode appears then push ok this is a step before doing a hard reset if that don't fix problems now its working fine. this is resetting apps but
before that, had me to go to apps,push settings top right corner (reset app preferences) but that didn't fix
it. STICKY

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
If the problem didn't persist after booting into safe mode it means that there's a conflict with an app that you downloaded. It could be tricky to pin the culprit and you'll need patience. Think of any app that you updated or downloaded recently. The usual culprits would be any app that has access to the lock screen so check what's listed under settings - security - device administrators.

qonic

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
nha i don't so a hard reset is like getting a brand new phone this just clears something only in the apps. A hard reset is what you do
before you trade in your phone.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
nha i don't so a hard reset is like getting a brand new phone this just clears something only in the apps. A hard reset is what you do
before you trade in your phone.

What Strawbee described is just a reboot (power off & on) that is also called hard reset. It can be used when your phone is unresponsive and simulate a battery pull. This process doesn't delete any personal data, of course.

You are referring to a factory reset, when all personal information is wiped from the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa