Email using battery quickly

fire6

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I have had my Droid for 6 months. Battery has been great. Two days ago my battery started going quickly. In settings under battery it shows my native email using 32% battery everything else is using 2-3% The email is my work email using exchange. Don't want to disable because I need to get work email. Any ideas?
Thanks

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Droid for 6 months. Battery has been great. Two days ago my battery started going quickly. In settings under battery it shows my native email using 32% battery everything else is using 2-3% The email is my work email using exchange. Don't want to disable because I need to get work email. Any ideas?
Thanks
Assuming your company is using Exchange Server (?) you might want to check with the admins to see if anything is up with the server that could be triggering more syncing. Also - try clearing cache for the mail app.

I don't use the native app - I prefer Nine - superb mail client for Exchange email.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Assuming your company is using Exchange Server (?) you might want to check with the admins to see if anything is up with the server that could be triggering more syncing. Also - try clearing cache for the mail app.

I don't use the native app - I prefer Nine - superb mail client for Exchange email.

In general I find exchange emails hit these Droids pretty hard. Nine is the best application for exchange by far in my opinion as well!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
In general I find exchange emails hit these Droids pretty hard. Nine is the best application for exchange by far in my opinion as well!
+1. I think that anybody who uses Exchange mail on Android for anything serious should look into Nine if they are even 1% unhappy with the way that stock mail apps work. It's $10, but I'd say that if email is even somewhat important, it will be more than worth it to spend the money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana