Group messaging stopped notifications

Andrea Egyud

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded to Marshmallow back at the end of May and it seemed to help all the battery draining that was going on. I recently got another update on 7.1 and never could tell exactly what that was for, but nothing since then. About 2 weeks ago, my phone stopped notifying me of group texts, which is a pain, because we consult with each other that way a lot at work. When I look at my screen I see all these texts have come through and then it will randomly take me to one of the users older texts and make me click on download in order to get them. I have missed quite a few important conversations that way. Does anyone know what might have changed? The people I group text with are a mix of Iphone and Android users. Any ideas welcome...:(

Andrea Egyud

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm using the Message+ app that is offered by Verizon with the phone. And it worked for a few months before this started happening.:( I also cleared the cache to see if that helped, but it didn't.

JohnCer

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
My wife's Turbo 2 has started doing the same thing. Also Marshmallow. Also Message +. But all messages, not just group. It will alert if the screen is on, but not when the screen is off.

JohnCer

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Okay then, here's what I discovered and it now works, somewhat. After much trial and error, I turned off 'screen pop up' when the screen is off. Now my wife gets her full sound notification and the announcement of who the text is from. ?????? She's happy so I am happy. ??????

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member