Motorola Droid Turbo XT1254 Disassembly / Teardown Video

foxkatdroid

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
It's incredible how much less there is to do in order to open this phone than there has been with all phones I've seen previously. In almost every other case, there are LOTS of flex cables and micro-connectors, some with flip up clips, some with sliders, and some are simply pressed on or in. This one has a total of 2 that I counted in order to get down to the board level. Amazing.

The technician did a great job of showing how simple it is, though I did see him struggle a couple times off-camera, and I would have rathered see those struggles to know what to expect.

Otherwise, a great job.

Last edited:

pwrdbykyank

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I like the fact that its not complicated because it makes it cheaper and easier for any repairs both for the user and the manufacture. I don't understand why some manufactures will go the extra length to complicate the design internally so much that its not even worth it for them to repair their own phones for their customers.

thomles

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Can you tell if there are 3 or 4 IR sensors? I cannot see the upper left corner IR "lighting" red but all the other one are seen.

Thanks

Danny1Bears3

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Can you tell if there are 3 or 4 IR sensors? I cannot see the upper left corner IR "lighting" red but all the other one are seen.

Thanks

4 IR sensors. One in the bottom left and bottom right corners, one in the top right corner, and one to the left of the front facing camera (proximity sensor).

Posted via the Android Central App