Does your phone creak when squeezed in various locations?

Steve123123

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
My Droid Turbo (32gb, kevlar back, no external casing) creaks when the edges are squeezed (fingers on the left and right of the screen, most notably about 1/4 of the way up the phone), as well as when the front and back are squeezed (also about 1/4 of the way up the phone).

The amount of pressure that I am applying is enough to firmly grip the phone. The sound is quiet, but it is a noticeable creak. It somewhat dissipates in the very short term after several back-and-forth squeezes. It is definitely annoying. I actually replaced my very first Turbo device for this same issue, although it was much more pronounced (the gaps within the phone were much larger and noisier).

I have looked this up and have heard that this may not be uncommon for Motorola phones / plastic casing / something to do with heat expansion. I would really love any and all opinions or known facts about this element of all phones / my phone.

Thank you very much for your response!

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
There is one spot, right on the droid logo, that if I push it "creaks." But I have to do it intentionally. It makes no sound if I hold the phone naturally.

/begin rant

This isn't to pick on you specifically, and this may hijack the thread, but there are so many people on these forums with some sort of compulsive disorder that makes them go over their phones like Scrooge McDuck obsessing over his new found treasure.

Between these creak posts and ballistic nylon fraying paranoia I ALMOST don't know what to say. I like to use my phone. After a year of use, I love the battle worn look my phones collect. It says we've been through some **** man, but came out the other side. I'm not going to resell it in two months because I'm not a frigging peasant.

Screw factory pristine man. Unless it impacts the function of the phone, wear those little dents, scratches and imperfections like a god damn badge. They say; "I'm not some anal retentive twit that can't shrug the small stuff. My phones not perfect. Because I'm a man."

/end rant

Posted via the Android Central App

FredBassett

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree. You could clear out half the threads on this forum and make the forum a lot easier and better to read. I love my turbo and I want to find out more about it and enjoy it but you have to sort through all the junk useless waste of time threads like this one to get any decent info

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
This have been brought up several times already . If you do a search there is a tear down thread. In the video that creaking you are hearing is the double sided tape that holds the Qi charger in place against the battery .

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I was in the VZW store today. Was squeezing some turbos and the red mgf was the creakiest, the bn wasn't bad but noticable, the black mgf was solid all the way around.

Danny1Bears3

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
This have been brought up several times already . If you do a search there is a tear down thread. In the video that creaking you are hearing is the double sided tape that holds the Qi charger in place against the battery .

No I don't think he's talking about adhesive, I think he means the phones actual frame...the part that is clipped, nor adhered.

Turbo Shot

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
My BN was perfect until about 3 days ago. Then the bottom started to scream a tiny bit. Nothing major and nothing that bothered me. Just a observation.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The Ballistic Nylon and Metallic Glass backings do tend to make a crunching sound but that's about it. Even then, the crunching doesn't happen under normal conditions and I never hear it on a daily basis. I don't have any creaking from squeezing my phone as you say you've experienced though.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo