Android System Wakelock issue

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with the Android system causing a permanent wakelock? It just started happening to me the other day. If I reboot, it will not cause a lock for around 12-14 hours, and then it just randomly starts again. I've cleared my cache partition, but outside of that, any ideas on what's causing this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have an alarm set? I've seen issues where setting an alarm actually keeps the system awake the whole time, as if the phone is constantly reminding itself that an alarm is coming up. This would obviously be a glitch, but I'm not sure if there's a solution for it yet (besides not using the alarm clock).

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Wish it was the case - I don't even have an alarm saved in the clock at all as it is. Thanks for the idea though - wouldn't have even thought of that.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It could be an app updating in the background, it could be a widget on a home screen. It could be a lot of things and, unfortunately, Google hasn't made it very easy to diagnose.

Did you happen to turn on the Google Now "OK Google" detection from any screen? (This is distinct from Moto Voice.) This could be holding the phone constantly awake. (Google app in the app drawer, or open Google Now, scroll to the bottom, tap the menu control on the bottom right, settings, voice, OK Google detection - are those options turned on?)

Do you have any apps that do automatic switching of tasks, like Tasker, AutomateIt, IFTTT, Llama?

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Install Gsam battery monitor. It has a feature called app sucker that shows which apps use battery percentages. That screen has a drop down to change it to view kernel wakelocks. Then you can actually select each one for more detail and there is an option to google each wakelock to see what is causing it. hope this helps.