Shutter lag fixed?

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Love the looks of this phone but won't buy it till the shutter lag is fixed. Anybody seen a software update for the shutter lag issue?

Newdroid122

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Haven't heard anything yet. I came from the iPhone to the turbo and it blows the iPhone away in every category except the camera. MP are great but doesn't mean much when you can't take a picture unless both your hand and subject is perfectly still. Hopefully we see something soon

Posted via the Android Central App

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I hear ya the moto x had short battery and not good camera. I waited for turbo and then testing one in the store was painful with the camera. The guy at best buy even stated they haven't sold a lot because people see the camera lag and pick another phone.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
No! There is no shutter lag! You are all making it up. Here are 7 examples of stationary objects not moving at all in clear quality and 1 semi good photo of a moving object. Its a phone not a camera! You are doing it wrong! Its 100 times better than my Droid 1 camera, so I don't see why people are complaining. Why didn't you return the phone right after you bought it if the camera is SO bad instead of asking about an update?

OK, I think I got all the typical responses covered.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh, and the guy at Best Buy was lying also! No one has had anything to say about this remarkable camera except glowing reviews! It's the best ever!

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No! There is no shutter lag! You are all making it up. Here are 7 examples of stationary objects not moving at all in clear quality and 1 semi good photo of a moving object. Its a phone not a camera! You are doing it wrong! Its 100 times better than my Droid 1 camera, so I don't see why people are complaining. Why didn't you return the phone right after you bought it if the camera is SO bad instead of asking about an update?

OK, I think I got all the typical responses covered.

As a smart consumer, he knew the camera was an important aspect to him and didn't buy the phone because of it (as he clearly states in his post). So, I don't think he harbors any sour grapes/buyers remorse like some.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I hear ya the moto x had short battery and not good camera. I waited for turbo and then testing one in the store was painful with the camera. The guy at best buy even stated they haven't sold a lot because people see the camera lag and pick another phone.

Motos cameras have never been great. Adequate-to-decent, and each yearly iteration seems to improve a bit. But they always seem to take a while to work the kinks out. As you haven't purchased yet, and camera is important to you, may want to look at the Galaxy or Sony lines.

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It might not be so much as lag with the camera taking the picture but more of a lag to store the file and get set for the next shot is what i am referring to. Camera is the most important thing to me that is why I waited. It was between the note 4, turbo, moto x. The low light wasn't good for moto x. I read reports of note 4 low light smearing in the android forums and turbo was takin for every to reset the next pic.
So I bought an iPhone 6 the best camera to date. Now I am looking to add a line and going to be looking at the s6 bit really like the turbo minus camera delay. I really want the best camera in android and so far I haven't found it.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I have no buyers remorse, for the record. Simply would LOVE to see the camera improved. It is the powerhouse 21 mp shooter at the flick of my wrist so I won't miss any of the action, so would like to see that actually happen. I guess that makes me an uninformed consumer. Aw shucks, ive been called worse.

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Motos cameras have never been great. Adequate-to-decent, and each yearly iteration seems to improve a bit. But they always seem to take a while to work the kinks out. As you haven't purchased yet, and camera is important to you, may want to look at the Galaxy or Sony lines.
Really looking for a lighter skin like the moto phones over Sony or Galaxy.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Motorola camera update out today, check Google Play. Haven't had a chance to check performance changes yet but reports should be surfacing quickly with all the interest.

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
My hand was in frame after I pushed the shutter button. Poof, like magic it was gone by the time the shutter closed.

Attachments

• 21886.jpg
    21886.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 73

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

You touched on exacltly my complaint. That is, in many situations the camera is worse then the Droid Maxx camera. Unless conditions are ideal, then the Turbo takes nicer pics, but that's rarely going to happen for anyone.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm about fed up waiting for a software fix (which I still think is a possibility). Really waiting to hear what the HTC One M9 camera reviews look like.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
You also aren't allowed to vocalize that the older Maxx had a far superior camera, because that too is frowned up, and you will accused of lying and shown yet more photos of stationary objects. Then when you give proof of the superior yet older photos, you will once again be called an uninformed consumer.

Arguing over the Internet is like the Special Olympics. Whether you win or lose, [cleanup by Moderator]. Oh, and your sentence structure doesn't make any sense. If you feel the need to bicker, stop shooting yourself in the foot.

And I like my Turbo camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I remind everyone participating in the discussion of this thread to refrain from personal attacks. If your are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic; you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.

Edit: Also if you find a post that is against the guidelines , Please report the post do not respond to it yourself

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Arguing over the Internet is like the Special Olympics. Whether you win or lose, [cleanup by Moderator]. Oh, and your sentence structure doesn't make any sense. If you feel the need to bicker, stop shooting yourself in the foot.

And I like my Turbo camera.

Sentence should read...you will BE accused of lying. I apologize for the grammatical error. Simply clarifying I have no buyers remorse nor am I an uninformed consumer as was indirectly hinted at. Great phone. Horrid camera. Unsure where I shot myself in the foot, but this very real problem persists and im truly hoping this info eventually reaches the powers that be. Either from people vocalizing on the web or directly to moto