Unable to make group contact

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Every time I try and make a group contact list on Gmail on Turbo or web based Gmail it links all contacts to Me (the Me in contacts). Anyone have a work around that allows me to make a contact maned Speed, put in multiple email addresses and keep the contract name without linking it to my personal contact info?

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I'm not following you completely. Do you want to make a Google Contacts Group? Or you want to make a single contact with multiple email addresses? If the latter, do you want to be able to send an email to all of those addresses by selecting that one contact? That wouldn't be possible--you'd have to use the Contacts Group.

The problem with the Gmail app, though, is that it inexplicably has no support for emailing to one of your Groups. I use Gmail Group Share for that function.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, but I'm not following you completely. Do you want to make a Google Contacts Group? Or you want to make a single contact with multiple email addresses? If the latter, do you want to be able to send an email to all of those addresses by selecting that one contact? That wouldn't be possible--you'd have to use the Contacts Group.

The problem with the Gmail app, though, is that it inexplicably has no support for emailing to one of your Groups. I use Gmail Group Share for that function.
I am going to check out the app you mentioned. What I am trying to do is make a Group called Monsters and add everyone's email addresses in the monster's group. So when I I send out an email and type Monsters in the send to, cc, or bcc the email will go to the 30 emails in that group. I tried doing this within Google Contacts on the Web or on the phone Gmail app it links all emails to the ME contact profile.

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back